The Glock Store

Pistols of all descriptions.
Chigger

The Glock Store

Post by Chigger »

My brother has a 19 and bought a compensated with a holo site on the slide from them.
Don't shoot compensated slides but know people that do and they seem to be finicky with bullet weights and limp wrists.
He says he gets two rounds off and slide jams.
I've read reviews and the Glock store has issues apparently. Any body in the WPB area he can take it to look at, maybe Glock armorer?
philasteen

Post by philasteen »

Before spending money on having a gunsmith rework the gun:

First, rule out limp wristing
Second, if that's not the cause, for under $10 bucks pop in an increased power recoil spring and see if that fixes the issues. It will correct these issues 95% of the time.

Here is an example of one:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/3415164020/
ss1

Post by ss1 »

I've built a few. You generally need a lighter spring with compensated/ported barrels, as physics prevails and energy is directed to counter muzzle flip, thus reducing rearward recoil energy and causing hang-ups.
45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

Yes lighter not heavier spring.
First thing to try.
deathpriest

Post by deathpriest »

If he calls Glock, maybe even the Glock store, they might send the spring for free. Has he tried 124 gr? I typically hand cycle new firearms 500 times before taking them out to the range, free brake-in. Oil liberally, seat in front of the TV, triple safety check, no magazine in the gun and go at it, I do 30-50 per commercial brakes :-)
Its worth the try
μολὼν λαβέ
**Infidel**
45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

deathpriest wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:58 pm If he calls Glock, maybe even the Glock store, they might send the spring for free. Has he tried 124 gr? I typically hand cycle new firearms 500 times before taking them out to the range, free brake-in. Oil liberally, seat in front of the TV, triple safety check, no magazine in the gun and go at it, I do 30-50 per commercial brakes :-)
Its worth the try
Nothing to do with a compensated gun as you’re suggesting other than calling the Glock store.
deathpriest

Post by deathpriest »

Correct, not specific to compensated firearm. It is my break in process on every semi-auto.
μολὼν λαβέ
**Infidel**