Clay and Duval Ammo

A forum for LEOs, firefighters, EMT and other first responders to discuss issues pertaining to their fields.
tegemu

Clay and Duval Ammo

Post by tegemu » Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:18 am

I asked this above but obviously it was in the wrong place. Does anyone know what kind of ammo that Clay and Duval County Sheriff's Deputies carry in their pistols? =nc
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

FunkyColdMedina

Post by FunkyColdMedina » Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:16 pm

I don't think that's the reason. One of the tips from Massad Ayoob is to carry the same ammo as your local cops. This is to prevent using the argument that a CCW holder was using ammunition that was unnecessarily powerful. If your ammo was the same as the local cops, how could the be ammo be unnecessarily powerful?

I remember seeing some conversations where this idea was not agreed with. Still, it does make sense to me.

FunkyColdMedina
Last edited by FunkyColdMedina on Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
FunkyColdMedina

tegemu

Post by tegemu » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:39 am

I have seen it mentioned in gun forums, that if you are involved in a shooting and you are using the same ammo as the LEO's, your defense in court is easier. I have no intention of using that ammo or, for that matter shooting someone. The original posting just piqued my interest.
=nc
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:41 am

tegemu wrote:I have seen it mentioned in gun forums, that if you are involved in a shooting and you are using the same ammo as the LEO's, your defense in court is easier. =nc
If you have to shoot someone when asked in court by the prosecuting atty what kind of ammo did you use you better reply " just some old stuff I had laying around the house " if you answer 158 gr jacked HP with a spectra super duper nose cone, you better call a better attorney....they might change it around to show you intended to do more harm than necessary
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.