Gifford Grp ad highlights the sheer inanity of the gun control paradigm

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
flanc

Gifford Grp ad highlights the sheer inanity of the gun control paradigm

Post by flanc »

Warning: Ok, the ignorance / blind sightedness runs DEEP in this one, class …

The Giffords Group is running an ad (I will try and attach screen shot via my iPad - my phone is not allowing me or I do not yet have sufficient privileges) which was to show that a criminal could legally carry if FL goes permit-less carry BUT INSTEAD, LITERALLY PROVES THE PRO-2A ARGUMENT by illustrating the criminal doesn't care about laws. It's like they think some magical new law will get a criminal to stop and think "let's see...I don't care about laws against murder. I don't care about laws barring felons from even touching a cartridge. But yeah, a law that requires me to have a permit...I won't cross that one."

At what point does the stupid, like a hot stove, ever begin to hurt?

1. Gun bought at a bar - illegal
2. Gun possessed at a bar - illegal since the primary product at the bar is alcohol
3. Already a felon - illegal
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

That's the real argument. I tell someone opposed, come up with a list of who you think should not be allowed to carry. They usually come up with the usual list. I tell them I agree, and then tell them that under Florida, and most also under Federal law, cannot even possess. Can't legally carry if one can't legally possess. No one can come up with an argument, at least not a coherent one.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
GreyShark

Post by GreyShark »

What a lot of people don't understand about leftists is that nothing has to make sense or be consistent for them, the only thing that matters is what they want and they'll justify it any way they please. You will hear them say things like "non-linear thinking" and "alternative ways of knowing," that is exactly what they are talking about. They are literally opposed to logic.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

GreyShark wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:55 pm What a lot of people don't understand about leftists is that nothing has to make sense or be consistent for them, the only thing that matters is what they want and they'll justify it any way they please. You will hear them say things like "non-linear thinking" and "alternative ways of knowing," that is exactly what they are talking about. They are literally opposed to logic.
Distill that to a "Because I say so" mentality. Consistent with "I'm the smartest" or "I know best."
tector

Post by tector »

REDinFL wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:47 am
GreyShark wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:55 pm What a lot of people don't understand about leftists is that nothing has to make sense or be consistent for them, the only thing that matters is what they want and they'll justify it any way they please. You will hear them say things like "non-linear thinking" and "alternative ways of knowing," that is exactly what they are talking about. They are literally opposed to logic.
Distill that to a "Because I say so" mentality. Consistent with "I'm the smartest" or "I know best."
"The science is settled!!!"
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

How about, "I am the science."