Get ready for possible disappointment in FL with Constitutional Carry.

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
Miami_JBT

Get ready for possible disappointment in FL with Constitutional Carry.

Post by Miami_JBT »

Update #1

GOA ALERT

CLICK HERE TO CONTACT THE LEGISLATURE & GOVERNOR TO PUSH FOR TRUE CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY!

UPDATE #2

NAGR sent out an alert. They're just the Senate President and House Speaker. Our alert (GOA) is the entire Legislature along with the Governor and Lt. Governor.

The more the merrier I say.

GOA and NAGR putting pressure on lawmakers for a full Constitutional Carry bill is a good thing.

Florida Republicans in the Legislature are looking at going against what Governor Ron DeSantis has pledged to support.

DeSantis pledged that Constitutional Carry will be signed into law before he leaves office. We'll, all the back chatter we've been hearing from multiple independent sources coincide with what former State Rep. Anthony Sabatini has tweeted.

That full Constitutional Carry is not going to advance. That the Republican Supermajority controlled legislature will only allow either permitless concealed carry or they'll make the CCW permit free. But any chance of full Constitutional Carry with an Open Carry provision is a no go due to legislative leadership being against it.
Last edited by Miami_JBT on Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
TACC

Post by TACC »

Super majority and still can't get it passed.

Really starting to wonder if they are Republicans or rino's

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

TACC wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:28 pm Super majority and still can't get it passed.

Really starting to wonder if they are Republicans or rino's

Constitutionalists are the RINOs. Republicans have historically been anti-gun and pro-big government progressivism.
tector

Post by tector »

I already assumed any open carry component was dead, so I can't be disappointed.

Assume the worst of the FL GOP and you'll never be disappointed--and almost never pleasantly surprised.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

TACC

Post by TACC »

Great job stepping up and drafting a letter for others to use to send out.

Keep up the good fight

I used it as well.

George W

Post by George W »

Parties matter not in Florida. The FLCoC, FRF, Reedy Creek, and Jenkins family pull the strings. They spread their contributions around to always produce the metaphorical "heads I win, tail you lose" legislation.
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

George W wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:46 pm Parties matter not in Florida. The FLCoC, FRF, Reedy Creek, and Jenkins family pull the strings. They spread their contributions around to always produce the metaphorical "heads I win, tail you lose" legislation.
Claiming that the elites control the everything doesn't do anything. GET INVOLVED.
George W

Post by George W »

Miami_JBT wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:49 pm
Claiming that the elites control the everything doesn't do anything. GET INVOLVED.
To claim the groups I listed do not control what legislation lives or dies in the Florida Legislature is to be naïve.
tector

Post by tector »

Most successful movements need an elite vanguard. This does not mean "elites control everything" (although they control a hell of a lot), but you generally aren't getting anywhere without some significant elite leadership.

Even MAGA, generally viewed as anti-elitist, was led by an elitist: Donald J. Trump. He ran as a populist, but his prior ~35 years of public life belies that. That's why you see those photos of him gladhanding with the Clintons, etc. Would any of us have done that? Fuck no.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”