Sheriff Bob Gualtieri: Clearwater shooting fits 'Stand Your Ground'

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
gforester

Post by gforester »

Who wants to lay odds that some ambulance chaser files a wrongful death lawsuit against the shooter. It's a bet that I will take and the dead guy's woman/GF/wife or whatever will win the case in a civil court. Both guys were wrong in this case, but one of them is now dead wrong. Play stupid games win stupid prizes.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

gforester wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:54 pm Who wants to lay odds that some ambulance chaser files a wrongful death lawsuit against the shooter. It's a bet that I will take and the dead guy's woman/GF/wife or whatever will win the case in a civil court. Both guys were wrong in this case, but one of them is now dead wrong. Play stupid games win stupid prizes.
I still think he as other "higher priorities" than the ambulance chasing lawyer. I think he might still have to worry about the Pinellas County SA, who might not share Sheriff Gualtieri's belief that it was "justifiable" use of force. Unless the SA has already spoken, I'd wait until they make the determination.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

gforester wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:54 pm Who wants to lay odds that some ambulance chaser files a wrongful death lawsuit against the shooter. It's a bet that I will take and the dead guy's woman/GF/wife or whatever will win the case in a civil court. Both guys were wrong in this case, but one of them is now dead wrong. Play stupid games win stupid prizes.
If it's truly a SYG case, he should be exempt from civil prosecution. Looking at his FB pages, I doubt he has any assets other than a large Star Wars action-figure collection.

The owner of the store is the one who needs to worry. He was on TV blabbing about how "mall-cop" had caused trouble there several times in the past. Store owner will definitely be sued.
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Waldo1

Post by Waldo1 »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:22 am
flcracker wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:03 am The handicapped parking spot is a non-issue. She could have been legally parked and loudmouth could have been yelling at her regarding the color of her car - it would not have mattered. The guy who shoved loudmouth to the ground still would have been the aggressor.
Exactly, but some of the armchair attorneys here are citing the parking space as the cause of this matter. It's not. A-hole boy parking-enforcer is the cause.
So, if it had been a cop writing her a ticket, it would have been the cop's fault?
Waldo1

Post by Waldo1 »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:38 am
tcpip95 wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:04 am

Exactly, but some of the armchair attorneys here are citing the parking space as the cause of this matter. It's not. A-hole boy parking-enforcer is the cause.
The cause of what? The thug's death? No, the thug was responsible for his own death. It doesn't matter if it was over a parking space or Skittles and Ice Tea. End of story.

"Mall cop" didn't see the big Mandingo-dick swinging mo-fo go in the store. He thought he was picking on a lone woman in her car.

Go to any 'hood and start an argument with the baby momma of the biggest dude you can find. Post results here.
Since you state this with such certainty, I assume you know this to be fact and can prove its not just supposition and ass-talk? Prove it.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Waldo1 wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:20 pm
flcracker wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:03 am The handicapped parking spot is a non-issue. She could have been legally parked and loudmouth could have been yelling at her regarding the color of her car - it would not have mattered. The guy who shoved loudmouth to the ground still would have been the aggressor.
So, if it had been a cop writing her a ticket, it would have been the cop's fault?
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Waldo1 wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:21 pm
tcpip95 wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:04 am

The cause of what? The thug's death? No, the thug was responsible for his own death. It doesn't matter if it was over a parking space or Skittles and Ice Tea. End of story.

"Mall cop" didn't see the big Mandingo-dick swinging mo-fo go in the store. He thought he was picking on a lone woman in her car.

Go to any 'hood and start an argument with the baby momma of the biggest dude you can find. Post results here.
Since you state this with such certainty, I assume you know this to be fact and can prove its not just supposition and ass-talk? Prove it.
Seen it a million times (and so have you). Wanna-be, a-hole tough guy playing "cop"/condo-nazi/traffic patrol/code-enforcer, etc. More obvious than the nose on my face to anyone watching that vid.
Last edited by Tenzing_Norgay on Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waldo1

Post by Waldo1 »

rentprop1 wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:15 pm
NorincoKid wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:01 pm
I'm NOT saying this guy deserved it, I'm not saying the guy who pushed him down was right either. Law says its a good shoot, so its a good shoot.
but them the video surfaces and " things that make you go hummm" :idea:

some call it Monday morning quaterbacking, I would have like to see them throw a few more blows or see the guy in a position where he had to actually defend his life before pulling his gun...to me the big guy pushed him, he got knocked on his ass, if that was the limit I should have been shot years ago......for these old decrepit pussies to say " oh what if he hit his head" or some other never been in a fight types would say, is B.S......like I said its people like George Zimmerman and this guy who are gonna much it up for the rest of us.

Don't get me started on Zimmerman, and I hope that worthless POS reads this, he picked a fight with a younger stronger kid and almost got his head split open, didn't give him the right to shoot back, he should have called it in and went about his business......and please send nudes of Samantha Schiebe :mrgreen:
You referring to my comment by any chance?
Waldo1

Post by Waldo1 »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:24 pm
Waldo1 wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:21 pm

Seen it a million times (and so have you). Wanna-be, a-hole tough guy playing "cop"/condo-nazi/traffic patrol/code-enforcer, etc. More obvious than the nose on my face to anyone watching that vid.
Deflection and ass-talk. Prove your accusation- unless you are one of the "armchair lawyers" you were just whining about. Sack up, mouth.
Waldo1

Post by Waldo1 »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:22 pm
Waldo1 wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:20 pm

Why? Explain your position. You said the parking space was not an issue, it was the response that caused the problem.