Sheriff Bob Gualtieri: Clearwater shooting fits 'Stand Your Ground'

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

The handicapped parking spot is a non-issue. She could have been legally parked and loudmouth could have been yelling at her regarding the color of her car - it would not have mattered. The guy who shoved loudmouth to the ground still would have been the aggressor.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

flcracker wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:03 am The handicapped parking spot is a non-issue. She could have been legally parked and loudmouth could have been yelling at her regarding the color of her car - it would not have mattered. The guy who shoved loudmouth to the ground still would have been the aggressor.
Exactly, but some of the armchair attorneys here are citing the parking space as the cause of this matter. It's not. A-hole boy parking-enforcer is the cause.
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
tcpip95

Post by tcpip95 »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:22 am
flcracker wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:03 am The handicapped parking spot is a non-issue. She could have been legally parked and loudmouth could have been yelling at her regarding the color of her car - it would not have mattered. The guy who shoved loudmouth to the ground still would have been the aggressor.
Exactly, but some of the armchair attorneys here are citing the parking space as the cause of this matter. It's not. A-hole boy parking-enforcer is the cause.
The cause of what? The thug's death? No, the thug was responsible for his own death. It doesn't matter if it was over a parking space or Skittles and Ice Tea. End of story.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

tcpip95 wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:04 am
Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:22 am
The cause of what? The thug's death? No, the thug was responsible for his own death. It doesn't matter if it was over a parking space or Skittles and Ice Tea. End of story.
"Mall cop" didn't see the big Mandingo-dick swinging mo-fo go in the store. He thought he was picking on a lone woman in her car.

Go to any 'hood and start an argument with the baby momma of the biggest dude you can find. Post results here.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:53 pm
Firemedic2000 wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:42 pm I agree it's not a crime to park in a handicap spot. But it is a crime to violently attack another for pointing out that what they are doing is wrong. That attack was VIOLENT
If you walked out of the store and saw some dick-wad yelling/wagging his finger at your wife, what would you do?
I damn sure wouldn't do what that guy did and knock him to the ground. I know for a fact if I touched him I be charged with aggregated assault. I'd tell him to F off and leave.

Also I know better than to park in a handicap spot.

There was absolutely NO REASON for him to attack that man for telling that bitch she was wrong for parking there.

He blind sided that man when hitting him and he was just plain lucky to have not suffered serious I jury.

I bet your though he did suffer some kind of injury though. That was an extremely hard hit. NOT PUSH.

Further more he did not back off when gun was pulled. He turned to his side and stepped back with that one foot. He was posturing. He was getting ready for further attacks. He did not think that guy would shoot.

If he had not shot that attacker would have taken the gun and more than likely shot him and claimed SYG.

Bottom line though I may not agree with it. Victim was attacked and FELT HIS LIFE WAS THREATEN AT THAT POINT. He was well within his rights to do what he did.

An armed society is a polite society. Don't attack people and you won't get shot.

NOT GUILTY
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

rentprop1 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:26 am
MikeFL86 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:21 am The deeper issue here, beyond the self-defense claim, is that antisocial behavior is tolerated in this state and you can't say anything about it because there is no real "community." Public shaming doesn't work the way it would in a small homogeneous town with similar values. White, black, whatever: trashy people are trashy people and the kind of person who illegally parks in a handicap spot is trash and in this society they would rather try to fight you then be called out on any misbehavior on their part. This old man, for whatever reason, forgot to take this into consideration.

This sort of atomization, combined with racial issues and other stuff, are why we can't have nice things in this country.
hall monitor should have just minded his own business, some people in this world are not anti social, they just don't take shit from anyone, if you walk up to one of them and make a joke about their shoes you might get smacked, this puss went right for his gun, rather that use his fists after his mouth wrote a check his ass couldn't cash, people like that are gonna muck it up for the rest of us....just sayin

he should have kept his mouth shut, the big guy shouldn't have pushed him either, but this is the world we live in
I agree and the attacker should have just laughed, got in his car and drove away to. Instead of violently attacking him over something so stupid.

Ok what if it had been a handicapped person that did this and was attacked. Would we still be having this discussion. My guess is absolutely.

We want SYG LAW yet when someone uses it and the TOP COP says it was SYG. Those that want it still judge the shooter as guilty.

Gee I wonder if one of you ever have to use SYG would you want idiots judging you. Even though what you did falls within SYG and they judge strictly on emotion.

How about the other law. The L.E. and prosecutors must prove guilt instead of you having to prove your innocence. I cannot wait for that. All of you are for these laws until a case comes up you do not like. It either applies to all or none.

YOU CANNOT CHERRY PICK WHO IT APPLIES TO JUST BECAUSE YOU DO NOT LIKE IT.

NOT GUILT ACCORDING TO FLORIDA LAW

Oh one more thing if I ever have to defend myself in court. I hope to GOD after what I've read here by some of you. That you are not on my jury if it has to go to trial.

You've made it pretty clear on how you feel about FLORIDA'S LAWS and the right to defend ones self. You don't give a damn about the law and would rule strictly on emotion.
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

I'm all for SYG.

I'm also all for knocking people on their ass when they deserve it too. I've been on both sides of it. It's effective.

So I'm kinda torn.

I'm NOT saying this guy deserved it, I'm not saying the guy who pushed him down was right either. Law says its a good shoot, so its a good shoot.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

NorincoKid wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:01 pm
I'm NOT saying this guy deserved it, I'm not saying the guy who pushed him down was right either. Law says its a good shoot, so its a good shoot.
but them the video surfaces and " things that make you go hummm" :idea:

some call it Monday morning quaterbacking, I would have like to see them throw a few more blows or see the guy in a position where he had to actually defend his life before pulling his gun...to me the big guy pushed him, he got knocked on his ass, if that was the limit I should have been shot years ago......for these old decrepit pussies to say " oh what if he hit his head" or some other never been in a fight types would say, is B.S......like I said its people like George Zimmerman and this guy who are gonna much it up for the rest of us.

Don't get me started on Zimmerman, and I hope that worthless POS reads this, he picked a fight with a younger stronger kid and almost got his head split open, didn't give him the right to shoot back, he should have called it in and went about his business......and please send nudes of Samantha Schiebe :mrgreen:
tcpip95

Post by tcpip95 »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:38 am
"Mall cop" didn't see the big Mandingo-dick swinging mo-fo go in the store. He thought he was picking on a lone woman in her car.

Go to any 'hood and start an argument with the baby momma of the biggest dude you can find. Post results here.
So this is acceptable action as long as you're in the 'hood.

"Big Mandingo-dick swinging mo-fo" is dead because of HIS actions - NOT "mall cop's" actions.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

tcpip95 wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:47 pm

So this is acceptable action as long as you're in the 'hood.

"Big Mandingo-dick swinging mo-fo" is dead because of HIS actions - NOT "mall cop's" actions.
This happened in the 'hood where a beat-down is expected, except mall-cop didn't factor Mandingo into the equation and acted the way he did knowing he was armed. I meet pussy a-holes like that all the time.

Mall-cop instigated the event.