Sheriff Bob Gualtieri: Clearwater shooting fits 'Stand Your Ground'

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
MikeFL86

Post by MikeFL86 »

joel wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:07 am I agree wholeheartedly, and have no solutions to offer.
Perhaps, "Making America Great Again" might include instilling community values and civility between citizens?
It doesn't really work that way. Those values have to arise organically, be taught to kids, embraced and not undermined, and then enforced. To make the cities nice in this country would require a sort of authoritarianism that is unconstitutional and politically unthinkable.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

MikeFL86 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:21 am This old man...
He's 47. If that's "old", then I'm ancient.

Last edited by Tenzing_Norgay on Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

rentprop1 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:26 am hall monitor should have just minded his own business, some people in this world are not anti social, they just don't take shit from anyone, if you walk up to one of them and make a joke about their shoes you might get smacked, this puss went right for his gun, rather that use his fists after his mouth wrote a check his ass couldn't cash, people like that are gonna muck it up for the rest of us....just sayin

he should have kept his mouth shut, the big guy shouldn't have pushed him either, but this is the world we live in
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

If you look at the parking spot in this vid (02:01), it's not a "legal" handicapped spot. Markings are incorrect/faded & sign is mounted too high:

[Youtube]nFxSwnjnJbQ[/Youtube]
Last edited by Tenzing_Norgay on Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

jjk308

Post by jjk308 »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:57 pm If you look at the parking spot in this vid (01:41), it's not a "legal" handicapped spot. Markings are incorrect/faded & sign is mounted too high:
You got it backwards. The MINIMUM height is 60 inches to the bottom. And the blue stripes are bright and visible.

553.5041 Parking spaces for persons who have disabilities.— (6) Each such parking space must be striped in a manner that is consistent with the standards of the controlling jurisdiction for other spaces and prominently outlined with blue paint, and must be repainted when necessary, to be clearly distinguishable as a parking space designated for persons who have disabilities. The space must be posted with a permanent above-grade sign of a color and design approved by the Department of Transportation, which is placed on or at least 60 inches above the finished floor or ground surface measured to the bottom of the sign and which bears the international symbol of accessibility meeting the requirements of s. 703.7.2.1 of the standards and the caption “PARKING BY DISABLED PERMIT ONLY.”
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

jjk308 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:01 pm
Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:57 pm If you look at the parking spot in this vid (01:41), it's not a "legal" handicapped spot. Markings are incorrect/faded & sign is mounted too high:
You got it backwards. The MINIMUM height is 60 inches to the bottom. And the blue stripes are bright and visible.

553.5041 Parking spaces for persons who have disabilities.— (6) Each such parking space must be striped in a manner that is consistent with the standards of the controlling jurisdiction for other spaces and prominently outlined with blue paint, and must be repainted when necessary, to be clearly distinguishable as a parking space designated for persons who have disabilities. The space must be posted with a permanent above-grade sign of a color and design approved by the Department of Transportation, which is placed on or at least 60 inches above the finished floor or ground surface measured to the bottom of the sign and which bears the international symbol of accessibility meeting the requirements of s. 703.7.2.1 of the standards and the caption “PARKING BY DISABLED PERMIT ONLY.”
It's not clearly marked and a sign that's 10'+ in the air does not meet any code.

This subsection does not relieve the owner of the responsibility of complying with the signage requirements of s. 502.6 of the standards.

Not a "legal" handicapped space.
tcpip95

Post by tcpip95 »

But as Richard Pryor once put it..... He was dearly, and he is departed.... In other words, he failed the ultimate test.
jjk308

Post by jjk308 »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:57 pm

It's not clearly marked and a sign that's 10'+ in the air does not meet any code.

This subsection does not relieve the owner of the responsibility of complying with the signage requirements of s. 502.6 of the standards.

In what version of English does "Minimum" mean "Maximum"? And the striping is bigger and brighter than most. In fact I can't recall seeing anything marked as well.
Give it up. You made a mistake.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

jjk308 wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:31 am
Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:57 pm

In what version of English does "Minimum" mean "Maximum"? And the striping is bigger and brighter than most. In fact I can't recall seeing anything marked as well.
Give it up. You made a mistake.
Read the entire code. Add'l signage codes apply. The striping is faded. Sign is too high and markings are incorrect. If you were written a citation for parking in that spot, the ticket would be dismissed upon showing pics to the court.

Signs should be placed at such a height (at least 60 inches above surface) that they do not get obscured by any parked vehicles or other obstructions. ADA handicap parking signs (commonly known as Access Signs) posted must be visible from the drivers’ seat of the vehicle and located right in view of parking spaces.

Not a "legal" handicapped spot.
Last edited by Tenzing_Norgay on Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.