Curtis Reeves (movie theater SYG) NOT GUILTY!!!

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
neverenoughguns

Post by neverenoughguns »

The above is an example of a case that will be used to try to change SYG laws in the future. This does not mean folks were not going to try to change these laws, just an example that will come up over and over again.
Jeepsnguns
Location: Relocated from Manatee County Florida to Marion County Oregon

Post by Jeepsnguns »

IMHO douchebag #1 should have just moved to another seat to get away from douchebag #2.
Off topic, I quit going to movie theaters many years ago while still living in Miami back around 1991 due to my elbow resting in fecal matter on the arm rest, at the time I assumed it was baby shit, but shit is shit, being from a baby or an adult really doesn't matter, it's disgusting.
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

Ever since they started digital projection the specialness of watching real film is gone now. I have been to the movies about a half dozen times since 2010.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Jeepsnguns wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:33 pm IMHO douchebag #1 should have just moved to another seat to get away from douchebag #2.
Off topic, I quit going to movie theaters many years ago while still living in Miami back around 1991 due to my elbow resting in fecal matter on the arm rest, at the time I assumed it was baby shit, but shit is shit, being from a baby or an adult really doesn't matter, it's disgusting.
:shock: man that's sick, I'd lost it if that had happened to me. I've not been to a walk in movie theater in at least 20 plus years. Now I've gone to the Ruskin drive-in a few times.
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

For the price of the tickets and popcorn just not worth it and the people you have to deal with being loud sometimes.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

lakelandman wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:58 am For the price of the tickets and popcorn just not worth it and the people you have to deal with being loud sometimes.
Precisely. That price (tickets + popcorn and other snacks) is competitive with the price of the Blu-Ray when it comes out. I don't mind waiting for it if it's something I want to see, and I then get to "binge watch" it if I really like it.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

neverenoughguns wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:13 am The above is an example of a case that will be used to try to change SYG laws in the future. This does not mean folks were not going to try to change these laws, just an example that will come up over and over again.
Funny you mention that. This was one of yesterday's "Langley Outdoors Academy" posts on the increase of Leftist activity in repealing SYG laws. Supposedly, it's happening in 28 states and he discusses Florida as his example.

Has anyone heard of any actual activity in that regard in FL? Any moves in the legislature?

neverenoughguns

Post by neverenoughguns »

FfNJGTFO wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:49 pm
neverenoughguns wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:13 am The above is an example of a case that will be used to try to change SYG laws in the future. This does not mean folks were not going to try to change these laws, just an example that will come up over and over again.
Funny you mention that. This was one of yesterday's "Langley Outdoors Academy" posts on the increase of Leftist activity in repealing SYG laws. Supposedly, it's happening in 28 states and he discusses Florida as his example.

Has anyone heard of any actual activity in that regard in FL? Any moves in the legislature?

Exactly. It is just an easy story to spin. Angry white old guy shoots loving father who threw popcorn at him and gets away w murder due to this crazy law - yes , I know the story is more complex but it just happens to be easy to spin.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

neverenoughguns wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:23 pm
FfNJGTFO wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:49 pm

Exactly. It is just an easy story to spin. Angry white old guy shoots loving father who threw popcorn at him and gets away w murder due to this crazy law - yes , I know the story is more complex but it just happens to be easy to spin.
Here is his updated video, as of today 03/06.