Best INDOOR ranges in Dade?

tector

Best INDOOR ranges in Dade?

Post by tector »

Asking for a friend (yes, seriously, but I might go as well).

It's been like 15 years since I have shot indoors in Miami, but a newbie is looking for a range down there, preferably one where there are handgun rentals as well. From some quick internet research it looks like Stone Hart and Top Gun both meet the bill, although they are pretty far south. Any others? If not, which of these two do you prefer?
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
cvasqu03

Post by cvasqu03 »

Well, there's Warrior Gun Range in Doral which is a few blocks from Dolphin Mall and Miami International Mall. It used to be Ace's Gun Range back when it was run by a bunch of psychos with serious attitude problems. A few years ago it was purchased by a man named Charlie who used to own a gun shop on Flagler until he sold it and moved away. I have no idea why he chose to come back but I'm glad he did. He's as friendly and pleasant as they come. I took my brother there to buy his next carry piece and Charlie himself came out and showed him the different models, and even let him shoot a few rounds out of the guns he was considering for free to help him make a decision.

The range has just about everything you'd like for rent, and though their shop is kind of small, they do carry what most people would be looking for.
That being said, it's not new, and it was showing its age so unless they've done some remodeling that might be an issue for you. I haven't been there in a bit so maybe it's gone downhill again, but I actually trust Charlie, which is not something I could say about the previous owners.
My posts kill threads.
tector

Post by tector »

cvasqu03 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 1:50 am Well, there's Warrior Gun Range in Doral which is a few blocks from Dolphin Mall and Miami International Mall. It used to be Ace's Gun Range back when it was run by a bunch of psychos with serious attitude problems. A few years ago it was purchased by a man named Charlie who used to own a gun shop on Flagler until he sold it and moved away. I have no idea why he chose to come back but I'm glad he did. He's as friendly and pleasant as they come. I took my brother there to buy his next carry piece and Charlie himself came out and showed him the different models, and even let him shoot a few rounds out of the guns he was considering for free to help him make a decision.

The range has just about everything you'd like for rent, and though their shop is kind of small, they do carry what most people would be looking for.
That being said, it's not new, and it was showing its age so unless they've done some remodeling that might be an issue for you. I haven't been there in a bit so maybe it's gone downhill again, but I actually trust Charlie, which is not something I could say about the previous owners.
Yeah, I remember Ace's from way back in the day. Thanks!
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”