Single stack AK value?

Avomat Kalashnikov, Samozaryadnyi Karabin Sisyemi type rifles and variants
Tjl

Single stack AK value?

Post by Tjl »

I have 2 single stack AK’s i purchased from classic arms probably 15 years ago. 10 round magazines. Are these valued any different than a double stack 922r compliant AK? Like are they allowed for import into any ban states or anything like that?
Thanks!
cvasqu03

Post by cvasqu03 »

I remember reading they're allowed in Hawaii. That's why in the series Lost, whenever you saw an AK, if you looked closely it was one of those. No idea how much they're worth.

BTW, I have about 40 single stack mags for these. Many years ago, Classic was getting rid of them for about $1 each and I was going to use them on an Enfield conversion project that never panned out. There was also a member that sold some polymer ones really cheap that I hoarded for the same project. They've just been in storage for years. I don't know, maybe someday I'll get to this project somehow.
My posts kill threads.
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

Ahh, the old single stacks. As per ban states, I'm not sure. Most of the commie states no longer care about that....NY for example lost it's "pre-1994 kosher" status when NYSAFE passed.

Yes, they're valued differently but not by all that much. Most people would just hog out the magazine well and run double stacks in them, however I've seen a few times where the single stack models have had their bolts narrowed (bottom lug) and the trunnion shelf is not milled out for larger magazine so the "conversions" are often sloppy, wobbly, and don't always have 100% reliability.

Someone may like them as-is for nostalgia reasons though.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

It really depends on how “single stacked” the AK actually is. When the single stack Serbian AK’s were first imported, not only did the receiver have the small single stack mag well opening, but so did the front trunnion which would be time intensive to hog out. OTOH, their newer guns, as well as other imports while having the slim mag well opening, are built with the wide trunion mag well opening to make the conversion much easier. GARY