Warning: Hamster-in-a-floating-box variant

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Ricordo

Post by Ricordo »

Have the feeling that, while driving, you are being followed? Make two (2) consecutive left-hand turns. See what happens.

Doubtful? Count how many times, while driving, you make two (2) consecutive left-hand turns as opposed to two (2) consecutive right-hand turns or any other combination thereof.

That information brought to you by the same kind of people that answered the question---what is the maximum distance that an electrical impulse travels in one billionth of a second?
Let's Go Brandon
Ricordo

Post by Ricordo »

Btw, Uranus is gassier than we thought.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech ... y-ice.html

ETA: :D
Let's Go Brandon
pharmer

Post by pharmer »

Duck it out dude, you're hotboxing the RV again. Joe
Keep Today Fresh
Outgunu

Post by Outgunu »

I believe Ricordo is referring to driving techniques for executive protection.
jr81452

Post by jr81452 »

Outgunu wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:55 pm I believe Ricordo is referring to driving techniques for executive protection.
Does he have a history in exec protect?
I don't generally follow his posts (not sure anyone can TBH), as they are usually too disjointed for my liking. But what I have read of his, seems more like a history of paranoid schizophrenia. Who knows, maybe he has lived a life where being followed or boxed in regularly is a legitimate concern? Based on people I know who have BTDT, he doesn't seem the type when reviewing his posts. More like he reads too many spy novels. I mean, anyone who has a legitimate need of the information he has written in this thread (other than criminals), likely already knows these tactics, no? So, for whom is this information posted?
Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities - Voltaire

Zealot: noun 1. a person who is fanatical and uncompromising in pursuit of their religious, political, or other ideals.
Outgunu

Post by Outgunu »

I don't know the guy.
jr81452

Post by jr81452 »

Gotcha. Thought maybe you had read more of his rants than I had, and gleaned more info about him.
Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities - Voltaire

Zealot: noun 1. a person who is fanatical and uncompromising in pursuit of their religious, political, or other ideals.
Dr. Dickie

Post by Dr. Dickie »

Ricordo wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:26 am Align side mirrors.

Adopt your usual driving seating position. Adjust center rear view mirror so that the whole rear windshield is in view.

Lean over to the left side (driver's) window until your head touches the window. From that position, adjust left side mirror outward so that the left lane comes into view and the right side of the left side mirror slightly shows the left rear fender.

Lean over to your right approximately the same distance as you did previously to the left and repeat the process.

Voila! You have 180 degree rear/side vision. It took me around 2 minutes to get used to it. YMMV. What happens then is that whenever a car comes at you from the rear and moves to a side lane, it will instantly pop out seamlessly in the side mirror from your regular driving position.
Side mirrors should be aligned so that as a car (say on the left) disappears from rearview mirror, it appears in side view mirror up till it appears in side view. Same for the right. I cannot for the life of me get my wife to understand this concept.
photohause

Post by photohause »

After being rear ended, I leave space in front of me....to prevent me from going into the car in front (possibly) and to execute and escape if I hear or see an oncoming vehicle ready to ram me......I did this once and it save me. Cheers.
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

I really dislike when at a stop light the person behind me creeps up to within a foot or two of my back bumper.
:!: