Ultrasonic gun cleaning service in Broward?

tector

Ultrasonic gun cleaning service in Broward?

Post by tector »

Somebody brought this up to me. I have no idea--the old Aries Gun Shop in Margate used to do it, as did Family Jewelry & Pawn back when Dennis and Chris ran it. But both of those were over 10 years ago, so I'm clueless. Thanks for any help.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
George W

Post by George W »

I have no idea what a shop charges for a cleaning, but there are some really high quality Ultrasonic Cleaners on the market for under $125. I have a 10 liter that does all my cans, pistols, and parts up to 10" long. I have heard good things about Hornaday's rifle length cleaner. It's a bit pricey at around $400, last I looked.

I have a second one that I sometimes fill with ATF or Mobil1 to clean and deep lube.
tector

Post by tector »

George W wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:22 pm I have no idea what a shop charges for a cleaning, but there are some really high quality Ultrasonic Cleaners on the market for under $125. I have a 10 liter that does all my cans, pistols, and parts up to 10" long. I have heard good things about Hornaday's rifle length cleaner. It's a bit pricey at around $400, last I looked.

I have a second one that I sometimes fill with ATF or Mobil1 to clean and deep lube.
I told him Harbor Freight has a fairly inexpensive metal unit (6L), $179. Obviously HF is not top shelf, but he's not going to be a power user, either. Probably good enough.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
George W

Post by George W »

tector wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:35 pm
I told him Harbor Freight has a fairly inexpensive metal unit (6L), $179. Obviously HF is not top shelf, but he's not going to be a power user, either. Probably good enough.
I have 2 of these. They've went up in price a little bit since I bought mine. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CJY6P29X
tector

Post by tector »

George W wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:19 am
tector wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:35 pm
I have 2 of these. They've went up in price a little bit since I bought mine. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CJY6P29X
I'm assuming you are generally happy with them (or you would have said otherwise), so I will point those out, too. Quite a bit bigger, for sure. They and the HF one are all cheap China stuff, so maybe the warranties are a factor (I haven't even compared). Personally I live so close to a HF I could walk there. Amazon is great on 30 day returns, but after that....
George W

Post by George W »

tector wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:17 pm I'm assuming you are generally happy with them (or you would have said otherwise), so I will point those out, too. Quite a bit bigger, for sure. They and the HF one are all cheap China stuff, so maybe the warranties are a factor (I haven't even compared). Personally I live so close to a HF I could walk there. Amazon is great on 30 day returns, but after that....
I had a HF model, but it didn't take much abuse. I bought these because I have a smaller VEVOR at work that has to have 1000+ hours of use in the last 30 months or so. Aside from Fujica, there aren't many piezo not made in china