I Have a Bad Feeling

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
P5 Guy

I Have a Bad Feeling

Post by P5 Guy »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/flori ... 4b3d&ei=25

Only three states fully prohibit the open carry of firearms by citizens, and I bet you’d be surprised to hear Florida is among them. Yes, we frustratingly find ourselves in the company of New York and Illinois on this issue. And Republican leaders, including Governor DeSantis, appear poised to keep it that way under the misnamed “Constitutional Carry” bill that is expected to pass this session.

While the opening paragraph is not completely accurate I have little to no confidence in Florida's Republican party passing a bill along to DeSantis before he is elected to POTUS.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

P5 Guy wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:28 am https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/flori ... 4b3d&ei=25

Only three states fully prohibit the open carry of firearms by citizens, and I bet you’d be surprised to hear Florida is among them. Yes, we frustratingly find ourselves in the company of New York and Illinois on this issue. And Republican leaders, including Governor DeSantis, appear poised to keep it that way under the misnamed “Constitutional Carry” bill that is expected to pass this session.

While the opening paragraph is not completely accurate I have little to no confidence in Florida's Republican party passing a bill along to DeSantis before he is elected to POTUS.
Well, at present, HB 543 is "laid on the table" per Rule 7.18 (a) (skip to pg. 41), having emerged "favorably" from the Judiciary Committee. I guess that means a "CS" or "Committee Substitute" bill may be forthcoming. I'm not sure. We'll see. I'm very curious as to what they'll put in any substitute bill... As long as it isn't "no gun signage" having the force of law....
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

The bill will pass as it is currently written. Republican Leadership, the Governor, and the FL Sheriffs Association has struck an agreement.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

Miami_JBT wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:57 am The bill will pass as it is currently written. Republican Leadership, the Governor, and the FL Sheriffs Association has struck an agreement.
And would that "agreement" include any future legislation to give "No gun signage" the force of law?
TACC

Post by TACC »

Keep us posted please.

And keep up the good fight.

So none of all of our efforts in person, emails, calls, etc changed anything that was already previously decided upon.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

lighteye

Post by lighteye »

TACC wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:29 pm Keep us posted please.

And keep up the good fight.

So none of all of our efforts in person, emails, calls, etc changed anything that was already previously decided upon.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Oh, I hammered them pretty hard over this, not that it mattered, and they probably created a new list for types like me. :)
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

Well the "Committee Substitute" bill CS/HB 543 bill is now published: CS/HB 543

Quite the hodgepodge. But as long as it stays the same for us....