New ATF reg’s.

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Almost forgot. The first topic covered was about class 3 dealers obtaining post 86 machine gun dealer samples. A law letter from the agency asking to test one is required. But the ATF never verified these letters were from an actual agency. Many times they were not. So now every law letter requesting a dealer sample will be verified by contacting the agency whose letterhead is on the letter. The ATF will be coming out with a new form to replace the law letter. The chief of police, or sheriff must sign the form, and furnish his contact info so the ATF can contact him. Also old collectible machine guns no longer in production, or two of any gun will be refused. Only need one to test. Seems some of these dealers wanted a personal machine gun on the cheap. Not any more. GARY.
Augdawg

Post by Augdawg »

ATF is contradicting itself on the buffer tubes. The FFL's in our area who received the briefing said you could keep the six position buffer tubes on the AR pistols. Them saying you have to have a smooth tube on AR pistols is the same as them saying you have to destroy or replace the folding brace attachment on the pistol. Seems like a lot of confusion from the people who are giving the briefing.
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

TACC wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:05 pm So this is a BS question in my opinion

"do you intend to sell, or dispose of any firearms listed on this form”?"

At what point in your ownership of said weapon do you decide to sell the weapon?

1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 1 year, 10 years?

There are people that buy weapons and then down the road decide they want to sell it.
Exactly. Another bureaucratic rule without legislation. And the protestor in the meeting was booed? Perhaps the FFL's are part of the problem?

How many times, I bought something and tried it once or twice and immediately sold it at a loss as it was not for me. So now they are looking to make poor purchase decision a criminal act? Or perhaps the Kommies will require you to destroy it and not be able to ever resell it? Or maybe turn it in to the Kommie without recourse. Maybe the booing FFL's are not smart enough to know that they will become extinct eventually with the Kommies...
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
wjbarricklow

Post by wjbarricklow »

What? Legal to own a gun with a marijuana card, but illegal to buy a gun?

You're a prohibited person or you're not.

I suppose felons can keep guns now, as long they had them before they were convicted?

A whole bunch of bureaucrats making up their own rules as they go, on their own interpretations.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

wjbarricklow wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:26 am What? Legal to own a gun with a marijuana card, but illegal to buy a gun?

I suppose felons can keep guns now, as long they had them before they were convicted?

A whole bunch of bureaucrats making up their own rules as they go, on their own interpretations.
Yes, and I was very specific with my question. According to the WPB based agent, it is illegal to purchase a firearm from a FFL if you have a medical card. It is legal to purchase a firearm from a private seller if you have the card. It is legal to own a firearm if you have the card. Makes no sense, but this is what she told me. I bet lots of people lie on that question. GARY.
George W

Post by George W »

N4KVE wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:32 am
wjbarricklow wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:26 am What? Legal to own a gun with a marijuana card, but illegal to buy a gun?

Yes, and I was very specific with my question. According to the WPB based agent, it is illegal to purchase a firearm from a FFL if you have a medical card. It is legal to purchase a firearm from a private seller if you have the card. It is legal to own a firearm if you have the card. Makes no sense, but this is what she told me. I bet lots of people lie on that question. GARY.
I think it has more to do with the 5th Amendment. In registration states, you cannot be convicted of being a felon in possession of an unregistered firearm because the act of attempting to register it is admitting that you're disqualified. A 4493 is the same idea when it comes to weed. If you already own firearms and have a card, as long as you say nothing, you're good. The same applies when buying private party; no perjury since you're not being asked. When asking for permission, you must answer, and therefore are disqualified.

An easier way through all of this is to go back to pre-1968 standards.... If you're not locked up, you can own a gun. The ATF shouldn't exist and gun dealers should never do the bidding of the government.
tector

Post by tector »

Just for the record, having a MM card is not admission of using MM--all you've done is secured the "right" (sic) to purchase MM if you so choose in accordance with FL law.

This bitch doesn't know what she is talking about, and would be taken apart in court in 5 minutes.

And, by the way, having a CWP is not an admission that you carry or even own a single firearm--again, all you've done is secure the "right" (sic) to carry one in accordance with state law. Here in Florida it does mean you have fired at least 1 round at one time (when you first acquired the license, in my case in the mid-90s).

Nikki Fried (of all people) famously boasted of having a MM card and CWP--there's absolutely nothing illegal about that. Simulataneously exercising her full panoply of "rights" (sic) under each, however, WOULD cause a problem under current Federal law. Those laws are currently under deserved attack, as this decision from earlier this month shows:

https://reason.com/2023/02/06/a-federal ... itutional/

For people trying to avoid this clusterfuck, I would recommend looking into the Delta THC products derived from hemp under the federal farm bill of 2018. Delta 8 and Delta 9 are the most common, but Delta 10 and Delta 11 are newcomers. All are currently legal under federal law (although there has been talk of amending the farm bill to undo that) and have not been banned under Florida law (some other states have banned or restricted them). You need no card for them here. I went to a record store around Christmas and they were selling Delta 8 right at the register. You can purchase all of them online. These are NOT the hemp-derived CBD products you may have tried--they are THC, and they DO have psychoactive effects, so go slowly as you would with a marijuana derived THC edible product. If you go too far, too soon you'll regret it.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

Never regret a buzz in that form,LOL
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

I’m ashamed to say when one takes the concealed course at the WPB show, the only bullet one fires is from an air gun in the empty trailer they use to bring their tables to the show. When I worked at the WPB SS store, the students went on the range, & each shot ten rounds [real guns, & bullets] which was above, & beyond what the Gov’t required.
tector

Post by tector »

To get my Nevada permit, had to fire 30 rounds, from 3 different distances.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”