Get ready for possible disappointment in FL with Constitutional Carry.

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

lakelandman wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:55 pm All for Constitutionally carry long over due.
So, you agree then that Constitutional Carry includes a provision for Open Carry, correct?
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

Miami_JBT wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:36 pm
lakelandman wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:55 pm All for Constitutionally carry long over due.
So, you agree then that Constitutional Carry includes a provision for Open Carry, correct?
Sure if someone wants open carry by all means.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
wjbarricklow

Post by wjbarricklow »

It is naive to basically type angrily into the internet and say "well, these groups control everything, fuck it, I'm not doing anything."
Naive? Cynical. Realistic. Not naive.

And nobody said they weren't doing anything.

But having any faith in the Republican party in Florida is foolish, when they're controlled by the companies that own the state. I've sat across a dinner table from Joe Negron. My dad saw him give a old man CPR and save his life. Our former Senate president is not a bad guy. But my 19 year old son can't take his gun to the range because of the spineless actions of him and the rest of our legislators.
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

I for one have complete faith and confidence in our elected representatives to do their job regardless of outside influence and political motivations.

I also believe in the tooth fairy, unicorns and pots of gold at the end of rainbows :lol:
Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

wjbarricklow wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:54 pm
It is naive to basically type angrily into the internet and say "well, these groups control everything, fuck it, I'm not doing anything."
Naive? Cynical. Realistic. Not naive.

And nobody said they weren't doing anything.

But having any faith in the Republican party in Florida is foolish, when they're controlled by the companies that own the state. I've sat across a dinner table from Joe Negron. My dad saw him give a old man CPR and save his life. Our former Senate president is not a bad guy. But my 19 year old son can't take his gun to the range because of the spineless actions of him and the rest of our legislators.
It isn't having faith in our elected officials. It is about getting involved. If you sit onnthe sidelines and don't do anything. Nothing happens.
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

I was on The Morning Show With Preston Scott 100.7 WFLA (Tallahassee) discussing Constitutional Carry in Florida and how some FL Republicans want to block it and make Gov. Ron DeSantis look bad. Go to the 32:30 mark, that's where my interview with starts.

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/preston-scott-show-23098185/episode/ep4853-pence-has-classified-docs-too-107812921/
TACC

Post by TACC »

Thank you for the update.

Saw the click on link for another letter, thank you.

Sent in another letter as well.

In your opinion is it true that the delay on this is the Republicans not wanting black people, or as the article put it, people of color, not to be able to carry weapons?

I just don't understand the logic in this. Criminals will carry regardless of color, why can't law abiding citizens carry regardless of color?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

TACC

Post by TACC »

We are trying to get Constitutional carry and we got these politicians in Palm Beach trying to increase the ability to take away firearms from others.

Sorry I can't forward the whole story.

Here is the headline from channel 29

South Florida lawmakers push to expand state's 'red flag' law

Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

TACC wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:03 am Thank you for the update.

Saw the click on link for another letter, thank you.

Sent in another letter as well.

In your opinion is it true that the delay on this is the Republicans not wanting black people, or as the article put it, people of color, not to be able to carry weapons?

I just don't understand the logic in this. Criminals will carry regardless of color, why can't law abiding citizens carry regardless of color?

I've heard it from a number of Republicans at different Republican events when Constitutional Carry is discussed.

At the April Quarterly Meeting, a couple of good old boys were against it because as they put it, "what if my wife sees some gangbanger with a gun on his hip at the Piggly Wiggly? I can't have my wife deal with that!" When I asked him would he have an issue if it were a White Guy in creased pants and polo Open Carrying, would he have an issue? He went beet red.

A colleague of mine confronted a Republican State Representative about Constitutional Carry. The lawmaker stated he's against Constitutional Carry because he can't stand the idea of hoodlums with dreadlocks walking down International Drive openly carrying a firearm. When my colleague asked for clarification and said, "oh, you mea young Black men in urban attire? That's what you're against?" The lawmaker choked on his own tongue and basically said yes.

The FL Republican Party is infested with former Southern Blue Dog Democrats and Northern Country Club Republicans. Both of whom don't like the idea of minorities being armed.