Midway playing deceptive game with prices

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Wulfmann

Midway playing deceptive game with prices

Post by Wulfmann »

I have shopped at Midway since 1994. I often wait for their "Free shipping" promotion to place an order

This morning I received an email that Free shipping was back for 2 days so I activated the free shipping code and began to clicked on the items I wanted and started to place them in the cart.

All those items showed the same sale price that had been for weeks but in the cart they showed the full non sale price

I called CS and they said I needed to refresh my browser to see the correct prices

Wut?

You see the minute the free shipping starts their computer resets all their prices

Seriously, not kidding

At first I thought it was just the couple things I wanted but I started adding one thing after another on sale in the cart and every one came up full price, no sale price. I am talking dozens of items

CS said I needed to close my browser and restart my computer. I swear they said that

Instead I opened a different browser and sure enough all the prices were reset to full prices

All the moment free shipping started

In a free market charge whatever you want but raising prices to claim free shipping as a gift is a lie, it is deception and it is wrong and Midway should be ashamed of themselves

Watch for the end of free shipping then open a different browser while your primary browser still shows the same full prices and see if the old sale prices reappear. I am curious to see if that happens

Midway was always on the higher side of pricing but they were straight shooters, they were fair.
Were!!

Now they seem to be saying if you are dumb enough to trust them you deserve to be ripped off
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
osprey21

Post by osprey21 »

So I guess the takeaway here is to not buy from Midway? LOL :lol:
Believe nothing the MSM tells you.
ss1

Post by ss1 »

It’s been a little while since I ordered from Midway and Brownells. Their prices had jumped quickly post Trump which granted was the market but deals were scarce. Midway usually gave you a great deal during your birthday but I noticed this time very few items qualified for the birthday discount. Ammo prices are still stupid expensive at both sites. PSA and Primary Arms have helped fill in for on line sales for me.
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

Amazon is the king of price manipulation. Others are picking up the manipulation techniques and applying them. Sometimes I notice Amazon price changes depending of what device I use. :oops:
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
rug357

Post by rug357 »

I used to order most of my reloading and shooting products from Midway but last time I ordered anything from them was over 16 or 17 years ago.
They were a great company back in their days.

If you can wait few weeks for your ordered item, there are many tricks you can use to get great price on item you want. Unfortunately, it takes one or two weeks to get those great price.
You may not be of my flesh and blood, but you are of my heart and soul.

Do not mistaken my kindness for weakness.
lighteye

Post by lighteye »

So, Larry Potter is stepping on his junk. Not surprised. When I was competing in IPSC, I ordered a TON of stuff from them. I also used to wait for sales. This was between 2005-2012. Since then, I noticed all kinds of oddities, but thought maybe it was just me. Between PSA, fleabay, and amazon, I'm able to pick up most of my parts needs without catching it in the keister from Midway, or even worse, Cheaperthangold.