House Passes Bill Banning ‘Assault-Style’ Weapons with RINO Support

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
lighteye

House Passes Bill Banning ‘Assault-Style’ Weapons with RINO Support

Post by lighteye »

"The House of Representatives on Friday voted 217 to 213 to ban so-called ‘assault-style’ weapons.

Two Republican Reps. voted with the Democrats: Brian Fitzpatrick (PA) and Chris Jacobs (NY).

“Barely a month after the Supreme Court’s landmark decision in NYSRPA v. Bruen, gun control advocates in Congress are spearheading an assault upon the freedoms and civil liberties of law-abiding Americans.” the NRA said."

Trying to keep up with our politicians is like trying to win at a shell game where there are hundreds of shells on the table.

Full story at https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/0 ... e-weapons/
GreyShark

Post by GreyShark »

This is the left's idea of revenge for the overturning of Roe vs Wade. They really look like fools crying about losing their Constitutional right to abortion(which never existed and it was just deferred to the states anyway) while attacking rights that are actually in the Constitution. Many people think they are hypocrites but the way I figure it they aren't. A hypocrite says one thing and does the complete opposite, these lefties are absolutely consistent in their hatred of America so finding ways to tear down our nation and our people is completely consistent with their ideology. They are irrational, deliberately so and they think it's a good thing so many normal people are confused by the things they say, you just have to understand the way they think. Logic really isn't even a factor in their world. They begin with assumptions they want to be true, they reject all evidence to the contrary and spin the narrative in their favor as much as they can. Consequently none of the things they say mean what they sound like, for instance "democracy" doesn't mean a free and equal society where power is held by the people and exercised in elections, to them it means anything a Democrat wants or believes in. A Constitutional right isn't a right in the Constitution, clearly abortion isn't, instead it's simply a right or power they want to have. Similarly an "assault weapon" isn't a firearm chambered for an intermediate cartridge that's capable of fully automatic fire, it's any firearm they want to ban... eventually all of them of course. It goes on and on like this.

At this point I'd just as soon see the Senate pass the bill so it can be taken to the Supreme Court and have the matter permanently settled. I'm also old enough to remember what passing the AWB back in '94 did to the Democrat party. More than likely this bill is a last gasp for a party that's about to lose badly in the midterms. With any luck all their excesses the past few years will create a conservative backlash that lasts a generation or two. We're already starting to see signs of that with the Democrats' internal struggles, it's telling that Demmings is distancing herself from the radical elements of her party in her messaging and not even presenting herself as a Democrat in her ads... in fact she's trying hard to make herself sound more like a Republican candidate. :lol:
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

GreyShark wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:58 pm At this point I'd just as soon see the Senate pass the bill so it can be taken to the Supreme Court and have the matter permanently settled. I'm also old enough to remember what passing the AWB back in '94 did to the Democrat party.
You're braver than I, sir. I'm not willing to risk that, given the kind of dirty tricks the lib politicians and judiciary pull, these days. Thank goodness it had sunset clauses back then and they were respected. I'm not so sure we'd be as lucky to get them, this time.
GreyShark wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:58 pmMore than likely this bill is a last gasp for a party that's about to lose badly in the midterms. With any luck all their excesses the past few years will create a conservative backlash that lasts a generation or two. We're already starting to see signs of that with the Democrats' internal struggles, it's telling that Demmings is distancing herself from the radical elements of her party in her messaging and not even presenting herself as a Democrat in her ads... in fact she's trying hard to make herself sound more like a Republican candidate.
I think we also need to be wary of our own struggles. We can be just as fractioned as the dems could be (and used to be). I know there's a lot of people that don't want to support a certain candidate. If it turns out that that particular candidate becomes the nominee, everyone needs to unite behind him It's all hands on deck. And we need to encourage everyone on our side that is able to vote to go vote for that candidate. It's the only way I think we're going to prevail. We gotta get everyone capable of voting out to the polls.

Anyway, as for this bill, I don't think it will pass the Senate. It would need a cloture proof majority (60 votes) to pass, and I don't think it has that.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

I wonder how many they'll kill before the senate vote.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
lighteye

Post by lighteye »

REDinFL wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:28 pm I wonder how many they'll kill before the senate vote.
With abortion vanishing in many places, not as many as as say, a year ago.

I know that's not what you were referring to, but I couldn't help it, it's still an accurate statement, if a little off topic. I expect more public mass shootings as the nation tries to remediate the cancer of two warring ideas. If you're a student of history, the USA in the late 1850's was also tearing itself apart with 2 very distinct opposing sides just like today, and we all know how THAT ended.
GreyShark

Post by GreyShark »

FfNJGTFO wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:47 pm You're braver than I, sir. I'm not willing to risk that, given the kind of dirty tricks the lib politicians and judiciary pull, these days. Thank goodness it had sunset clauses back then and they were respected. I'm not so sure we'd be as lucky to get them, this time.
I understand that completely but having watched this unfold for nearly half a century I am convinced the only way we'll ever have any kind of 2a security is if we get rulings. Decades of dodging lead to nothing but incremental losses, Heller began the process of regaining lost ground. Heck, guns aren't going to fix what's wrong with our country. We need to start asserting ourselves legally, politically and culturally or it's all for nothing. At the moment I'm much more concerned about the psychological damage donkeypox is doing to the younger generations than any other issue.
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

I am not so sure with all the Rino's in the Senate that this bill will be stopped in the Senate. At best it will be razor thin.
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

GreyShark wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:13 pm
FfNJGTFO wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:47 pm You're braver than I, sir. I'm not willing to risk that, given the kind of dirty tricks the lib politicians and judiciary pull, these days. Thank goodness it had sunset clauses back then and they were respected. I'm not so sure we'd be as lucky to get them, this time.
I understand that completely but having watched this unfold for nearly half a century I am convinced the only way we'll ever have any kind of 2a security is if we get rulings. Decades of dodging lead to nothing but incremental losses, Heller began the process of regaining lost ground. Heck, guns aren't going to fix what's wrong with our country. We need to start asserting ourselves legally, politically and culturally or it's all for nothing. At the moment I'm much more concerned about the psychological damage donkeypox is doing to the younger generations than any other issue.
Then we need to start getting involved and getting most of these RINOs "primaried!"