Self defense is a thing of the past.

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Allme

Post by Allme »

Chigger wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:01 pm You don't hassle or try to police another because you have a concealed permit. He was the aggressor, he belongs in prison.
It would have been different if he had been standing there minding his own business and McGlock'd walked up and assaulted him.

I'm sure D man has been experiencing the Chocolate sausage on a regular basis if he didn't punk out and request protective custody.
Harassing or advising? Last I checked verbal communications between two individuals in a public space wasn't unlawful, this verbal conversation certainly DID NOT condone or warrant McGlockton to resorting to VIOLENCE. McGlockton was the aggressor, not Drejka. "Sticks and stones", remember when you were a kid?

I bet you are one of those types of folks who prefer to walk around all day with a booger dangling from your nose instead of someone else letting you know you had one hanging? So, by your metric humans shouldn't have ANY sort of communications when in public right?
Allme

Post by Allme »

TonyR wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:06 pm Hey Slick,thats you allme,tread lightly when you start saying things about people on this board being led around by the nose,might not work out to well for ya,just sayin' .....
I stand behind my words. On-line and in person. I've never been a fudd and I can certainly think and speak for myself, never been afraid to speak my mind; never will be either... Last I checked its a free country, differing opinions are allowed; unless you are speaking to a liberal.... You ok with this, homie? :)
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

Allme wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:00 pm
TonyR wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:06 pm Hey Slick,thats you allme,tread lightly when you start saying things about people on this board being led around by the nose,might not work out to well for ya,just sayin' .....
I stand behind my words. On-line and in person. I've never been a fudd and I can certainly think and speak for myself, never been afraid to speak my mind; never will be either... Last I checked its a free country, differing opinions are allowed; unless you are speaking to a liberal.... You ok with this, homie? :)
Everyone needs to go lightly! Let's not get crazy with this. Keep it to a respectful disagreement. Name calling is just not going to help or be tolerated.

This is a topic that will always generate disagreement. Some see it one way while others go the other route. No matter which way you see it please try to respectfully disagree.

Thanks all.
Allme

Post by Allme »

n0rlf wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:58 pm
Allme wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:00 pm
Everyone needs to go lightly! Let's not get crazy with this. Keep it to a respectful disagreement. Name calling is just not going to help or be tolerated.

This is a topic that will always generate disagreement. Some see it one way while others go the other route. No matter which way you see it please try to respectfully disagree.

Thanks all.
[/quote]

Thanks all.
[/quote]

Just spitting facts, not being "slick" and certainly not directing any undue criticism at anyone in particular. The world is upside down, covered in dog sh*t and on fire, hard for any reasonable person to disagree with this statement. The purpose of my post was to draw similarities, to show a progression to the madness; it evidences it nicely...

Be advised the police have no duty/obligation to protect ANYBODY (SCOTUS has ruled on this several times) what are "decent, law abiding citizens" left to do? According to some just shut their mouth and pretend dumbsh*t doesn't happen, alright... That will work for a little while but what happens when dumbsh*t comes knocking at your door? Well, we have an answer to that too; the McCloskeys in St. Louis. Maybe had that white supremacist Rittenhouse minded his own business and stayed home those two sweet innocent boys would still be alive? (eye roll)....As an AMERICAN doesn't anything seem amiss? Its slippery slope, funny how they work huh?

Speaking of slippery slopes.... Didn't the LGBTQ+ (+ is for pedo BTW) community only want gay marriage? Then they demanded that folks who disagreed with their lifestyle/choices made their wedding cake, then they demanded that churches accepted their marriages.... Now they are all up set that they can't mind-f*ck our children in schools here in Florida... That nonsense started with a premise "they only want XXXX" which quickly escalated... Abortions are the same, "rare, safe, legal" turned into full blown murder up until the child leaves the birth canal or even later... "rare" LOL 1.5 million abortions last year alone... Yeah, shut up and sit down; perhaps someone should have said this to the SCOTUS a few weeks ago?

It can all be summed up by a few little lessons I learned in kindergarten, it would seem that too many forgot these lessons:

1) Sticks and stones my break my bones but words will never harm me.

2) Keep your hands to yourself!

3) Don't play in the road/traffic! (not to difficult to see what I am referencing)

At the end of the day I understand, "mind your own business"... Just keep walking, just ignore it... This is taught in prison and works just fine there... Guess there are folks who are ok with America becoming a prison, schools seem to be doing so well with this mentality (eye roll)....

I can go on and on, I could bring fudds into the discussion and how they have done more damage to the 2A than the anti-gun nuts but I digress; honestly that is beating a dead horse. Anyway.... Please, do what makes you happy... Just know that the slopes are open and that is exactly what our society is doing so long as the "mind your own business" mindset is entertained.
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

tector wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:55 pm You can have a bad shoot of a bad guy. He has to be acting badly WHEN YOU SHOOT HIM. His past conduct might be relevant IF YOU KNEW ABOUT IT WHEN YOU SHOT HIM since it could inform the "reasonableness" of your decisionmaking. Otherwise it's just a question of what was he doing in the moment. Now if THAT is in evidentiary dispute, perhaps his past conduct might be relevant there, too.
This.

You cannot always judge a book by its cover, especially these days. There are plenty of violent POS people out there with no criminal record, and there are plenty of people with criminal records that are kind, good folks.
Allme

Post by Allme »

Wakko wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:03 pm
tector wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:55 pm You can have a bad shoot of a bad guy. He has to be acting badly WHEN YOU SHOOT HIM. His past conduct might be relevant IF YOU KNEW ABOUT IT WHEN YOU SHOT HIM since it could inform the "reasonableness" of your decisionmaking. Otherwise it's just a question of what was he doing in the moment. Now if THAT is in evidentiary dispute, perhaps his past conduct might be relevant there, too.
This.

You cannot always judge a book by its cover, especially these days. There are plenty of violent POS people out there with no criminal record, and there are plenty of people with criminal records that are kind, good folks.
I see your point, and I concede it is valid to a point IMHO. One thing though, "good folks" don't lay hands on other "good folks"... Not for talking, they sure AF don't rush to escalate a verbal altercation to a physical confrontation before understanding what the situation is.... Keep in mind there was a belligerent female in the car that we all have heard wasn't too happy about Drejka speaking with her let alone mentioning her illegal parking job... There was ZERO hesitation on McGlockton's part to turn it physical, that is NOT the actions of a rational "decent" person; that is prison mentality and that of a common thug.

Not saying Drejka was an angel at all, I would have played it differently as would most of us; to some of us though a handicap space is important... When I am out with my grandmother or my mother when she was alive it helped a lot.. I would be pissed if someone had taken that spot and denied the real handicapped the ability to shop where they please, to others its not that big of a deal; those I suspect never had to use a handicap space.

It wouldn't bother me as much had ALL the factors came into play at the trial, there was no mention of McGlockton's history... AGGRAVATED domestic violence... Obstruction of justice WITH VIOLENCE...Lopsided kangaroo court, the state attorney led around by the nose by Crump and Sharpton; afraid of another Rodney King riot in St.Pete... Fun fact: the SA made it an ENTIRE day of looking @ Drejka's past....

Then the very next summer what happened? The summer of LOVE, folks too scared to defend themselves otherwise they too would be made an example of... The couple in St.Louis is a prime example of this...So where are we now? As a nation? A lot of us just stay home as much as possible, we don't venture out like we used to; we stay segregated... I wonder why? (eye roll).

Lets take a look at another, often over looked portion of this event.... The scene below is from a movie but I have been in similar instances (no, not a fire fight but physical violence was a factor with very little instigating of a male by a female), each time the male was definitely a VO; his lady friend or whatever her title was/is provoked the entire altercation.... "he said this" or "he did that" coming from her mouth over and over and over.... . For a FACT females can and do rile up a males enough to cause them to side step their rationality, go straight from "whats going on?" to "I'm going to stomp your a**" within 20 feet or 3 seconds... My question is why wasn't her role ever explored in this entire event? Why wasn't she held responsible for any of it? Instead she never got a parking ticket, she did in fact get a big/fat settlement check thanks to Crump and Co.; hard to find the reference to it as I think its been scrubbed from the internet but she did get CASHED out... She wasn't even married to McGlockton.... Just food for thought.

Start about 1:55... I have seen this reaction 1st hand, not with gun play but just as violent if not more so.

n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

I understand your point by why are you asking that question here?

His lawyer should have sobe that in court. I guess that would be grounds for appeal.

Either way there is nobody here that can answer those questions.

To me once shoved he still should have just got up and left. Then called the cops.

It could be argued that the guy was responding to some that he heard and pushed him away from the girl out of gear for her life. No audio makes it a difficult he said she said.

There are always 3 sides to a story.

Add all that up and it still looks like a bad shoot to me. But my opinion means nothing.
Allme

Post by Allme »

n0rlf wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:41 pm I understand your point by why are you asking that question here?

His lawyer should have sobe that in court. I guess that would be grounds for appeal.

To me once shoved he still should have just got up and left. Then called the cops.

It could be argued that the guy was responding to some that he heard and pushed him away from the girl out of gear for her life. No audio makes it a difficult he said she said.

Add all that up and it still looks like a bad shoot to me. But my opinion means nothing.
Where else?

True, just getting different opinions.

True, but the shove to the ground without ANY hesitation shows malice and no concern for civility. Thug was in attack mode, for me its hard to see anything different.

Yes indeed I agree with the 3 sides 100%!

Opinions are like... well.. You know.. BUT yours is valid as is everyone's, the only one that mattered was the jury... IMHO their opinion was tainted. Trevena is an excellent attorney, been doing it a long time... Funny how they arrested him in the middle of all this, I think they arrested 4 of Drejka's attorneys as a matter of fact.. DUIs or something... Wonder what happened to those cases once they hemmed Drejka up nicely?

Just seemed like a precursor to what was about to unfold, like they set the tempo and the whole nation followed... Zimm was found not guilty, that pissed off Crump but not enough for him to not get his payday out of that condominium association... Next up they have an overdosing junky die at the knee of a LEO... Conveniently on video... All 8 minutes of it... I suppose I'm just trying to make sense of this nonsense, thanks for making the trip with me. :)
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

Allme wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:34 pm
n0rlf wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:41 pm I understand your point by why are you asking that question here?

Where else?

True, just getting different opinions.

True, but the shove to the ground without ANY hesitation shows malice and no concern for civility. Thug was in attack mode, for me its hard to see anything different.

Yes indeed I agree with the 3 sides 100%!

Opinions are like... well.. You know.. BUT yours is valid as is everyone's, the only one that mattered was the jury... IMHO their opinion was tainted. Trevena is an excellent attorney, been doing it a long time... Funny how they arrested him in the middle of all this, I think they arrested 4 of Drejka's attorneys as a matter of fact.. DUIs or something... Wonder what happened to those cases once they hemmed Drejka up nicely?

Just seemed like a precursor to what was about to unfold, like they set the tempo and the whole nation followed... Zimm was found not guilty, that pissed off Crump but not enough for him to not get his payday out of that condominium association... Next up they have an overdosing junky die at the knee of a LEO... Conveniently on video... All 8 minutes of it... I suppose I'm just trying to make sense of this nonsense, thanks for making the trip with me. :)
That makes sense to me.

Lately nothing much else does. So good points.

And civility went out the window decades ago. It went the same time parenting did I am afraid. Until we solve that unfortunate issue in our nation nothing else will change for the better. We need parents that teach and discipline their cistern. That stopped it seems in a lot of our neighborhoods decades ago.

Interesting discussions to be had around that but even think of bringing it up and you will be labeled as a racist domestic terrorist. Funny how that works huh?