DeSantis calls a second special session--not for guns, however

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
tector

DeSantis calls a second special session--not for guns, however

Post by tector »

It is for the property insurance "crisis," as I predicted. It actually makes sense, politically. The Legislature has to get something done on this issue, and the time to do it is before the hurricane season. If Florida gets clocked later this year (ahem...an election year) and these issues are a problem, it could cost the GOP at the polls in November.

As he did with redistricting special session, however, DeSantis has left open the possibility that other issues could be addressed.

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/51 ... insurance/
DeSantis also left the door open for other issues to be addressed during the May Special Session.

“We may also address other issues that came close to getting across the finish line, that maybe we can tweak and get there,” he said.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
George W

Post by George W »

This will be a tough one to work through. It seems that the blame for crazy increases is due to to fraud. I heard that Florida pays something like 10% of all premiums nationwide, but accounts for more than 80% of the money paid out out to lawsuits. All I know is that I live in a tiny home away from the water and my insurance went up by 33% this year to $3500. I sometimes feel like a schmuck..... living within my means, never once filing a claim for anything in almost 30 years.