JTS M12AK in action, w/ slo mo

Over/Unders, Doubles, Pumps, Semis, Home Defense.
Arkhangel5

JTS M12AK in action, w/ slo mo

Post by Arkhangel5 »

I never see anyone posting about shooting their shotguns.

These vids are me putting 5 rounds thru my JTS M12AK, one at regular speed and same vid in slo mo. Note how fast I get the 5 rounds off.
This was the last 5 rounds of the day, the first 2 shots are Remington Nitro 27 7.5 target loads, followed by 3 rounds of Remington high brass 00buck, all shot with wide open gas setting.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/UpTLEwkXrjjBPoJk6

This shotty is a blast to shoot, capable of firing very fast. On this day I put an additional 60 rounds downrange, in addition to sighting it in with my night vision scope for hog hunting.

It was surprisingly accurate with the slugs I plan on using on hogs, with a 50yd zero I was making consistent hits on a steel popper target shooting from a rest.

On this day I was testing function with some 1145fps Fed Flite Control 00buck, on wide open gas setting, no issues.

Next trip to range, plan on seeing if it will cycle reliably with premium slug and 00buck on the lowest(#1) gas setting and how it affects recoil. Already know it cycles 1550fps steel shot at this setting.

It has been very reliable shooting once past the first 50 rounds thru, no malfunctions so far, just passed 220 rounds downrange.

SY
ss1

Post by ss1 »

A couple of Youtubers trashed the shotty, but, i've found it to be a really good value. Probably close to 1K rounds of mostly buckshot and it runs like a charm. Got a remington choke conversion tube so I could mount a Saiga compatible V8 style brake on it and it feels so nice on fast follow-up shots.
Arkhangel5

Post by Arkhangel5 »

SS1,

I take anything I watch on yt with a pinch of salt. Most of the naysayers seemed to be clueless to me, but the most informative vids were those where the presenter actually told or showed you what was causing the issues and showing you how to correct. Most of that was just making sure to remove all the grease the shotty comes shipped in.
When I got mine first thing I did was take it apart and spray it with lube real good. Once I got past the first 50 rounds, it was running #8 shot at 1180fps like nothing.
As you said, valuewise, hard to beat.
Only thing I find weird about it is having to use a magazine, not load a tube.

SY