Retirement communities

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
hotspur

Post by hotspur »

N4KVE wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:24 am I’m in Golden Lakes Village which is one mile west of Century Village in West Palm Beach. Plenty going on here. Lots of great restaurants close by, plenty of Walmarts, & Publix grocery stores. Oh, plenty of gun stores too. 1/2 mile from the Turnpike, & a few miles from I-95. GARY.
Thanks for the info on Golden Lakes Village. I looked it up and it seems a neat community. One question. With so many lakes, do you ever have a flooding problem?
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Been here since 2004, & never had a flood yet. But from time to time gators have been spotted in the water. GARY.
hotspur

Post by hotspur »

N4KVE wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:13 am Been here since 2004, & never had a flood yet. But from time to time gators have been spotted in the water. GARY.
Gee, there’s a surprise
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

Man,it sucks gettin old & worn out,61 very hard years here and the girl I've been dating likes the idea of not having to take care of a yard,LOL.Same age and have I've been thinking about one of those places here in the middle,with river access.Not right now,but thinkin'.....
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Read somewhere there are a lot of sex parties at these retirement communities ;) they will fly a certain flag outside their homes to signify what they do :lol:

https://meaww.com/the-villages-florida- ... disneyland

I bet these activities are not limited to just the villages 8-)
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
Casual

Post by Casual »

Ok explain it to this young whipper snapper... what's the intrigue in living in these communities... why can't you do activities like you've done all your life without moving to these places....

I don't need a 55+ community to go enjoy downtown... city parks... Bayfront areas..... fishing fresh or salt... boating... state parks... natural springs ... spring festivals like strawberries festival, citrus festival....

Organizing things to do with groups of friends...
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

Casual wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:41 pm Ok explain it to this young whipper snapper... what's the intrigue in living in these communities... why can't you do activities like you've done all your life without moving to these places....
For my wife's family - there were three reasons:
  • MIL - sit around and bitch with every other neighbor about everything and bet on which neighbor will kick off next.
  • BIL - Have every neighbor that is a Goobernment retiree to go out with for their $300 dinners and go with on monthly top deck cruises. While the tax man holds a gun to our heads to pay for their pension COLAs.
  • SIL - Have constant fights with the Nazi's because the Nazi's watch them constantly as old people have nothing else to do than to look out their windows for someone to screw with.
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

Firemedic2000 wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:10 pm Read somewhere there are a lot of sex parties at these retirement communities ;) they will fly a certain flag outside their homes to signify what they do :lol:
Do you happen to know what that flag looks like? (Asking for a friend)
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

TC6969 wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:04 pm
Firemedic2000 wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:10 pm Read somewhere there are a lot of sex parties at these retirement communities ;) they will fly a certain flag outside their homes to signify what they do :lol:
Do you happen to know what that flag looks like? (Asking for a friend)
:lol: no but I've been tempted to drive around in Sun City center. I remember when I was station at station 28 with HCFR and seeing different designed flags hang outside people's home and couldn't figure out what they meant. I do know these people partied like teenagers though. They'd have big parties. I had to run a few calls to them and they were wild. My crew always got invited back to them when we got off duty. I had to do a 12 lead EKG once and you have to put a lead under each breast :lol: I've had women ask if they could have an EKG also :lol: they had zero problems raising those tops up :lol: :lol: ran one call once and the lady meet us in a bathing suit and she looked great too. Those people are crazy. One FF hooked up with women in Sun City alot. It's the wild wild west in some communities. Husbands croke or they are divorced and just want to play around....alot. I never did though. My wife knows how to shoot :?

Just go and hang out at the country clubs or advertises events. You will meet women. They want only one thing to. Some these women are sexy as hell too. If I were not married I'd be there in a heart beat. They have zero issues about coming on to you. They are like vampires sucking the life force out of men.
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS