David Steven Bell

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
lakelandman

David Steven Bell

Post by lakelandman »

https://heavy.com/news/2019/01/david-st ... ztvSCaaFmI
51-year-old white man was arrested Saturday after punching a black girl in the face during an incident outside of a mall in Asheville, North Carolina, authorities say. David Steven Bell was caught on video striking the girl in the face with a punch, sending her to the ground at the Asheville Mall.

David Bell was taken into custody by the Asheville Police Department and charged with assault on a female under the age of 12 and two counts of assault on a female, according to records and the Asheville Citizen-Times. The girl was not taken to the hospital, police told the Citizen-Times. Her exact age was not immediately known.

Bell has been released from custody. He could not be reached for comment by Heavy and it is not clear if he has hired an attorney. Video of the incident was posted on Instagram and Facebook on Saturday and quickly went viral on Sunday. The girl who was the victim of the assault has not been identified and has not spoken out about what happened. The Asheville Mall said in a statement that the incident remains under investigation by police.

Here’s what you need to know about David Steven Bell:

1. David Steven Bell Is Seen in the Video Shoving the Girl Away From Him Before Punching Her in the Face, Knocking Her Out & Down to the Ground

David Steven Bell can be seen in the video, initially posted to Instagram by an unidentified person, in an argument with a group of young girls outside of the Asheville Mall. You can watch the video above. The incident occurred on Saturday, January 12. Bell is white and most of the girls in the video are black. It is not clear what occurred before the video started.

In the video, Bell can be heard yelling to the girls to “break it up.” As other girls yell at him, one can be heard asking, “who is he?” Bell walks menacingly at the girls and they appear to back off. One girl then pushes Bell in the back, barely shifting his balance.

As the girl walks toward Bell, he shoves her backward, sending her into a metal pole and nearly to the ground. The girl gets back up and Bell punches with a closed fist, knocking the girl out and down to the ground. The other girls then run away screaming as the video ends.

Online jail records show that Bell is 6 foot 5 inches tall and weighs 250 pounds.

According to the Asheville-Citizen Times, the incident occurred about 7 p.m. at the Asheville Mall. Police spokeswoman Christina Hallingse told the newspaper that an off-duty officer who was already at the mall arrested Bell after the incident. The girl declined medical treatment and was not taken to the hospital, Hallingse told the Citizen-Times.
[youtube]MC93JvSdAhE[/youtube]
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
gforester

Post by gforester »

Pretty sure there is more to this story.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

gforester wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:27 am Pretty sure there is more to this story.
From Urbandictionary.com:

Wilding

When a band of youths, generally poor and black, roam the streets looking for trouble. This trouble generally includes assault, robbery, and vandalism.

A notable quality of wilding events is the media's silence over describing the people involved in them out of fear of sounding racist and offending the NAACP.

e.g. - They had to close the North Avenue beach due to wilding Chicago residents.
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

To me he was protecting his family from a crowd of kids and was out number he had ever right to defend himself.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

I saw this video on liveleak lasted night, laughed my ass off, then researched what happened;

Dude was protecting his 10 year old daughter from a gang of little assholes known to hang around there and harass people. Yeah it looks terrible (and also hilarious) on tape of what happened but I can't really fault the guy. He didn't even put his all into that left hook.

Hopefully that little bastard won't try to terrorize people anymore but I have the feeling the opposite will happen due to the outrage and oppression culture we live in now.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
photohause

Post by photohause »

...and this is posted because...
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

photohause wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:06 am ...and this is posted because...
I posted it because it was interesting I don't care much for how the story was written they make him look like the bad guy but I have not seen one like this let alone caught on tape.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Interesting. I think it a worthwhile post as it illustrates increasing risks. I have felt for a while that a new tactic would be to try to start trouble and then have it recorded for an "incident." Isn't it interesting someone was there to record it? Yes, everyone has a camera but, the "everyone" needs to be ready, suggesting a setup. Go ahead, there's an incident going down right now in front of your house. Get your phone, wake up the camera and start recording. Things happen fast, and if you are reactive, you can't get the camera going fast enough, unless you are ready at the start.

As I've said in other posts, we all have to make decisions.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
tcpip95

Post by tcpip95 »

They're like a pack of coyotes surrounding prey.