Colt is on the move

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Allme

Colt is on the move

Post by Allme »

One step closer to re-releasing the Pythons.. I wonder if we will even be allowed to own firearms when these start shipping?

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/colt ... ing-cobra/

It’s been just over a year since Colt got back into the double-action revolver market, and they’ve been careful not to release products too hastily. Still, this left a major gap in their lineup, a gap they have just closed.

Colt is pleased to announce the introduction of the all-new King Cobra, a compact 6-shot revolver chambered for .357 Magnum. Featuring a stainless steel barrel and a heavy duty frame, the first model King Cobra has a 3-inch barrel with a full-length underlug.

“Our customers started asking for a .357 version of our Cobra immediately after the release, and at that moment we knew we had to prioritize this great addition to the Cobra family” said Colt product director Justin Baldini. “We couldn’t be more excited to add the power of .357 Magnum back into Colt’s Double Action Revolver lineup.”

Colt will showcase the reborn King Cobra at this year’s SHOT Show later this month. It will also be on display at the Great American Outdoor Show in February.

Until now the Cobra series was made of revolvers chambered for .38 Special. While it’s a popular round for self-defense, especially with modern over-pressure loadings, it doesn’t have the same cachet as the full-power magnum cartridge.

Outfitting the King Cobra with a 3-inch barrel is an interesting move on Colt’s part. Even just a few years ago it would have made more sense to lead with a full-size service-length barrel in the 4-5-inch range. Today service revolvers play a secondary role, but for concealed-carry, they are very popular.

Other features include an exposed hammer, low-profile U-notch rear sight, oversized trigger guard and a Hogue overmolded grip. It has a brushed finish and brass bead front sight for high visibility and quick target acquisition.

The King Cobra is based on the redesigned Cobra and uses the same user-interchangeable front sights and linear leaf spring trigger. The redesigned trigger system delivers a double-action pull in the 7-9-pound range in double-action and a light 3-4-pound pull in single-action.

The suggested retail price is $899 which is in-line with the higher-end Cobra revolvers and should work out to a street price between $700 and $800. If the return of the Cobra is any indicator of things to follow, Colt will be sure to follow it up with other models and configurations. Still, they’re starting strong with their first model.
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

And no hole over the cylinder release! S&W better watch out.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

2 weeks ago at the WPB gun show I sold a customer a brand new S&W 38 revolver that had no key hole by the cylinder release. I asked IRA about that, & he said it was brand new from S&W, & he gets them from time to time. I was not aware they were still available. GARY.
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

640 642 S&W ?
The 'J' frame with the enclosed hammer
TippyRacer

Post by TippyRacer »

I’m interested, I wonder where they are being made? Could use something nicer than that cheapie generic Hogue grip tho.
I know nothing, and I can prove it.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

P5 Guy wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:52 am 640 642 S&W ?
He said it was the 442-1. No visible hammer. GARY.
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

N4KVE wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:36 pm
Yep, the concealed hammer doesn't get the internal lock.
https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/m ... ernal-lock
45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

These new Colts do nothing for me but glad to see Colt showing signs of life.
I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting on a new Python......
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

P5 Guy wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:37 am
N4KVE wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:36 pm
Yep, the concealed hammer doesn't get the internal lock.
https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/m ... ernal-lock
Makes me wonder if S&W did indeed have problems with that integral lock. I know they made the 442 among other J frames with the lock: there are some on Armslist right now.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
rug357

Post by rug357 »

That Colt Cobra looks like something made by Taurus.
It doesn't have the smooth curvy lines original Cobra and other Colt revolvers of past had.
You may not be of my flesh and blood, but you are of my heart and soul.

Do not mistaken my kindness for weakness.