I.J. Sealed 8 22lr Revolver

Wheelguns of all descriptions.
kmon

I.J. Sealed 8 22lr Revolver

Post by kmon » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:27 pm

Just a little show and tell here about a most enjoyable little 22 lr revolver I found, bought and restored a bit.
It holds 8 rounds and the shrouding derive the name, "Sealed 8." These 22's were made from the turn of the century
till WW II and again produced after the War for a while. This is an N34XX marked number and near as I can find was produced 1950-2. The cylinder is pinned and the pin pulls out on a release, so one can load or unload. One can also load through an entrance on the shroud sortalike the Cowboy single action.
So here's some picts of my little jewel. I have it shot loaded for passing poisonous sneaks but so far it remains unfired.
Next trip to the gun range will end that impasse. The size is 6 3/4" X 4" and it weighs well over a pound.
I'd love to hear any other Iver and Johnson Sealed 8 stories. I know there's gotta be a bunch of these floating around because they sure made a lot of them, for a very long time and the modest original prices made them tres popular.

"Send lawyers, guns and money..." These are two of my favorite things!

Villafuego

Re: I.J. Sealed 8 22lr Revolver

Post by Villafuego » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:43 pm

All I know is I'd love to find one with the oversized target grips, and longer barrel.....in good condition.....

Really great little guns that have been overlooked for a long time......fun with .22 short CB caps as well....

kmon

Re: I.J. Sealed 8 22lr Revolver

Post by kmon » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:46 pm

=D> =D> =D> Hey VF, that's a great add you found and the prices, yee ha!!!
So if you go to Armslist.com and punch in Ives and Johnson 22 cal revolvers you'll fine a dozen or so ranging
from $100 to $300. Enjoy...
"Send lawyers, guns and money..." These are two of my favorite things!