This is too close to home - UPDATE - Killers arrested

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!

This is too close to home - UPDATE - Killers arrested

Postby Legal Alien » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:04 pm

My sister in law, who operates her own insurance agency in Palm City, just posted this on her Facebook account:-

I am in a state of shock, my CSR/Account Executive/Producer/Best Employee xxxxx was shot and killed last night in a home invasion. She passed this morning and left behind two little boys. She was a wonderful person and had so much potential for the future. I thought of her as a daughter and my heart is ...so sad right now. Please pray for her family and her two little boys who idolized her.See More

The young mother lived in PSL with a $hithead druggie bf who owned some money to pushers.
Two black guys invaded her house last night (bf not at home at the time) and shot her 4 times - and cleaned out the house, took her car, etc. When bf came home, she was still allve and was taken to the hospital where she died early this morning.

I met the girl at my sil's office a few months ago and was an absolutely wonderful person, who got mixed up with an a$$hole bf. Unfortunately, she obviously believed that law enforcement would be enough protection.
Last edited by Legal Alien on Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Legal Alien
Life Member
Life Member

Re: This is too close to home!!!

Postby Legal Alien » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:48 pm

Here is a news report on the incident
http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2010/mar/07/woman-dies-following-home-invasion-port-st-lucie/

PORT ST. LUCIE — A woman died early Sunday after being shot in a home invasion in Port St. Lucie, according to Port St. Lucie Police.

Port St. Lucie Police Department spokesman Tom Nichols said the woman was shot at least once; she was taken to the hospital, where she later died.

Police are not releasing the woman's name. The home is at 6169 Duke Circle N.W.

Nichols said the shooting took place shortly after midnight this morning. He said the woman was alone at the time of the shooting.

Although Nichols said police still are still at the scene investigating, "it was not a random act," he said.

Police said items were taken from the home but they don't know exactly what or how much was taken.

Police also said they don't know how many people were involved in the shooting.

This story will be updated as more information is available.
Legal Alien
Life Member
Life Member

Postby #1Glock30 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:11 pm

Sorry about your SIL's loss. I can thankfully say my wife would have shown the invaders the business end of a M&P 45.
"The Shooter Formally Known as #1Glock30"
#1Glock30
Life Member
Life Member

Postby Memphis » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:58 pm

I'm so sorry for your sister's loss and I'm sure you're emotional as well.

This is the reason my doors are always locked and I carry around the house. Everyone thinks we're paranoid till this crap happens. I hope these guys burn.
Unapologetic AMERICAN.
Memphis

Postby a-train » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:35 am

Wow, sorry to hear that. (edited)
that is less than 2 miles from where I am right now.
7.5 9.5 14.5 16 20...
a-train
Life Member
Life Member

Postby Legal Alien » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:42 am

Latest I heard from my SIL.
Apparently this girl was fearfull of just such an event possibly happening. She had broken up with her POS bf, but there was obviously still some involvement. She had multiple guns, but was attacked in a unguarded moment, in her bathroom while bathing her one little boy. She was unarmed at the time and the home invaders shot her right there in the bathroom in front of the little boy. Not sure if any of the doors in the house were unlocked, or how the [smilie=042.gif] gained entry.
Legal Alien
Life Member
Life Member

Postby tector » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:17 am

Legal Alien wrote:Latest I heard from my SIL.
Apparently this girl was fearfull of just such an event possibly happening. She had broken up with her POS bf, but there was obviously still some involvement. She had multiple guns, but was attacked in a unguarded moment, in her bathroom while bathing her one little boy. She was unarmed at the time and the home invaders shot her right there in the bathroom in front of the little boy. Not sure if any of the doors in the house were unlocked, or how the [smilie=042.gif] gained entry.

This story is just weird. The bad guys are murdering scum, but not usually completely irrational. They'd have to know that shooting down this woman, especially like this, would bring enormous heat on them. It would have made more sense if she had drawn down on them. What could they hope to accomplish with this action--to get get something out of the trashy ex-boyfriend? He's going to be under surveillance now. To send a message to the community in general? Yeah, they got that done, but the cost to them is tremendous--they are now PE #1 in a smaller place like PSL.

Stuff like this happens in Liberty City, etc, all the time, and just gets lost in the general mayhem. But I'd have to think local LE is going to be able to narrow down their suspects quickly, and keep them at the top of their list for awhile. Business is going to be rough.
S.FL gunshow calendar: http://goo.gl/g0HdM
http://www.copblock.org/
It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift
But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.-Jefferson
tector
Life Member
Life Member

Postby Legal Alien » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:22 am

tector wrote:

This story is just weird. The bad guys are murdering scum, but not usually completely irrational. They'd have to know that shooting down this woman, especially like this, would bring enormous heat on them. It would have made more sense if she had drawn down on them. What could they hope to accomplish with this action--to get get something out of the trashy ex-boyfriend? He's going to be under surveillance now. To send a message to the community in general? Yeah, they got that done, but the cost to them is tremendous--they are now PE #1 in a smaller place like PSL.

Stuff like this happens in Liberty City, etc, all the time, and just gets lost in the general mayhem. But I'd have to think local LE is going to be able to narrow down their suspects quickly, and keep them at the top of their list for awhile. Business is going to be rough.

It is difficult to truly comprehend what their motives were and yes, it does not make sense.
I think the motive was to make a statement and send a message to the POS ex-bf and the drug-using community in PSL.
I would think that the ex-bf will hopefully co-operate with LE and finger his suppliers. At least man up on this and take responsibility to help get the scum off the street.
Legal Alien
Life Member
Life Member

Postby tector » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:30 am

Legal Alien wrote:
tector wrote:

It is difficult to truly comprehend what their motives were and yes, it does not make sense.
I think the motive was to make a statement and send a message to the POS ex-bf and the drug-using community in PSL.
I would think that the ex-bf will hopefully co-operate with LE and finger his suppliers. At least man up on this and take responsibility to help get the scum off the street.

If he doesn't, his life is going to be completely miserable. I am sure the cops will be all over him like stink on [smilie=042.gif]. He can either run away or co-operate. And if he runs there is no assurance that he bad guys won't find him anyway.

But expecting trash to make sense is probably a mistake on my part.
It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift
But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.-Jefferson
tector
Life Member
Life Member

Postby Legal Alien » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:42 am

tector wrote:
Legal Alien wrote:
tector wrote:

If he doesn't, his life is going to be completely miserable. I am sure the cops will be all over him like stink on [smilie=042.gif]. He can either run away or co-operate. And if he runs there is no assurance that he bad guys won't find him anyway.

But expecting trash to make sense is probably a mistake on my part.

Hey . . . at least we can agree on this one!!!! [smilie=cheers1.gif]
Legal Alien
Life Member
Life Member

Postby tector » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:09 pm

We can agree they should fry, too!

Actually, we didn't disagree last time, either (I think). All I was saying is that politicians that want to grab some power they shouldn't have immediately start in with the "terrorists!" BS, just like the usual gang of liberal gun banners did in that bill. But for some reason you thought I was talking about what YOU wrote. I wasn't, at all. I had nothing bad to say about anything you wrote until you bashed me in two consecutive posts (one wasn't enough? [smilie=011.gif]). Seriously, I would like to end the misunderstanding--go back and read the thread. I didn't direct anything, good or bad, at what you wrote until after those two posts of yours. Once bashed, however, I have no problem bashing back, and then the whole thing spun out of control.

Samuel Johnson famously said "patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel". Maybe it is, but in 21st Century America the FIRST refuge of a scoundrel is "terrorism!" (followed closely by "But what about the children?!?!"). Almost every obnoxious gun bill the libs propose now is labeled about "terrorism" or "protecting children". They are lying sacks of [smilie=042.gif].
tector
Life Member
Life Member

Postby Legal Alien » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:18 pm

tector wrote:We can agree they should fry, too!

Actually, we didn't disagree last time, either (I think). All I was saying is that politicians that want to grab some power they shouldn't have immediately start in with the "terrorists!" BS, just like the usual gang of liberal gun banners did in that bill. But for some reason you thought I was talking about what YOU wrote. I wasn't, at all. I had nothing bad to say about anything you wrote until you bashed me in two consecutive posts (one wasn't enough? [smilie=011.gif]). Seriously, I would like to end the misunderstanding--go back and read the thread. I didn't direct anything, good or bad, at what you wrote until after those two posts of yours. Once bashed, however, I have no problem bashing back, and then the whole thing spun out of control.

Samuel Johnson famously said "patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel". Maybe it is, but in 21st Century America the FIRST refuge of a scoundrel is "terrorism!" (followed closely by "But what about the children?!?!"). Almost every obnoxious gun bill the libs propose now is labeled about "terrorism" or "protecting children". They are lying sacks of [smilie=042.gif].

Now with that explanation and having re-read that I thread, yes, misunderstood your first post and reacted the wrong way.
My apologies for that. Sometimes posts/emails can be misinterpreted.
Let's keep this thread on topic . . . and share a beer some time at an FSN shoot [smilie=cheers1.gif]
Legal Alien
Life Member
Life Member

Postby tector » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:35 pm

Legal Alien wrote:
tector wrote:We can agree they should fry, too!

Now with that explanation and having re-read that I thread, yes, misunderstood your first post and reacted the wrong way.
My apologies for that. Sometimes posts/emails can be misinterpreted.
Let's keep this thread on topic . . . and share a beer some time at an FSN shoot [smilie=cheers1.gif]

Well, I am sorry for going nuclear in response--I have a bad temper, sober. But I am a harmless drunk, so you are on. [smilie=cheers1.gif]
tector
Life Member
Life Member

Postby Lilwoody » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:20 pm

Think about it. Most of these clowns probably didn't make it through junior high school and have IQs equal to their shoe size. Their motives are moot, they are living outside society by a completely different set of rules than you and I. What seems reasonable to us means nothing to these animals. Unless you have lived or worked near this second sub set of humans you can't comprehend the way their thought process works.
The simplest slight can set some of these cave dwellers off in a murderous rage. And MONEY, OMG don't mess with their money. It has replaced food in the pecking order of the pack. 20 dollars can be tantamount to millions in their pea brains. It was not uncommon where I use to work to hear of stabbings and shootings over what I would consider trivial amounts. I'll bet that this wasn't some sophisticated organized ring, it was just a small group of major idiots who need very badly to be put down just as we would a dog that attacked a child.
As our society is allowed to crumble these events will continue to rise. As God is replaced by void and the 10 commandments with do what feels good, we will see this continue and ebb it's way from the confines of the inner city to suburbia. As the message and creed these thugs live by is extolled and exported through the rap and hip hop genera of "music" it will continue to be accepted by a broader spectrum of people. The good part is folks with a bit higher education level and brighter future will not fall for it. It preys on the "victim" mentality, the get rich or die tryin crowd. We will always have subcultures in low income areas but this carnage is getting out of control.
Lilwoody
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: This is too close to home - UPDATE - Killers arrested

Postby Legal Alien » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:00 pm

http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2010/mar/22/fort-pierce-homicide-investigation-leads-to-of-2/

PORT ST. LUCIE — Police on Monday arrested two men in connection with the fatal shooting earlier this month of Melanie Henningsen, a mother of two “gunned down” in front of her 2 1/2-year-old son.

Lamont “Killah” Davis, 26, and 27-year-old Freddie “Trouble” McLawhorn Jr. each face first-degree murder and burglary of a dwelling with a firearm charges in connection with the late March 6 or early March 7 incident that left Henningsen with two gunshot wounds.

“I’m happy that they’re not out on the street. They gunned down a 26-year-old in front of her child,” said Henningsen’s father, James Hamill. “They have no regard for humanity.”

At least one 10 mm cartridge casing was among those discovered in the Northwest Duke Circle home where Henningsen’s boyfriend, 25-year-old Jose Ortiz, found her. The caliber, first popularized by the Bren Ten pistol introduced in the 1980s, is somewhat uncommon.

Detectives went to area gun shops to see whether any recent 10 mm purchases had been made. An employee of one establishment said two men wearing red shirts bought a box of 10 mm ammunition on March 3. Video surveillance showed two men making the $40.56 purchase.

Police identified the men as McLawhorn and Davis, each a convicted felon. Police have said “drug trafficking” led up to Henningsen’s death, and on Monday Capt. Don Kryak said that Ortiz was “suffuiciently involved in the drug trade.”

Police believe marijuana, a flat screen television and other items were stolen during the incident. Davis and McLawhorn were arrested last week each on at least a possession of ammunition by a convicted felon charge, though on Monday they were arrested in connection with the killing.

Davis told police he drove a car with McLawhorn and a person known as “Psycho.” He said the plan was to go to Henningsen’s home and get money owed to them by Henningsen’s boyfriend. He said while waiting in the car, he heard two shots and then saw McLawhorn and “Psycho” exit with items including a flat screen television, car amplifier, laptop computer and PlayStation 3.

“Although upset because no one was supposed to be shot, Davis did purchase the stolen property for $350,” an affidavit states.

The stolen television, Henningsen’s driver’s license and the Social Security cards of her two children were found in the home of Davis’ girlfriend.

Davis’ girlfriend said that on the night of March 6, she heard Davis and McLawhorn planning a home invasion robbery. Early the next morning, she said, they returned to her home with “several items she knew to be stolen,” including the flat screen TV, a car amplifier and a large bag of marijuana.

She said the men argued and it appeared Davis was “scolding McLawhorn for shooting Henningsen,” an affidavit states.

“She did also hear McLawhorn tell Davis he had to shoot her because she would have been able to identify them,” the affidavit states.

McLawhorn’s mother said she noticed her son “acting different” on March 7.

“Upon further questioning Freddie McLawhorn did confess and confide in her that he and Lamont Davis did forcefully enter the Henningsen residence, burglarize the residence and subsequently shoot and kill Henningsen because they feared she would be able to identify them,” an affidavit states.

Henningsen’s boyfriend reportedly nearly got into a fight with “a group of males” about two weeks before the homicide. The incident apparently was “resolved” by a “mutual friend.”

That friend called Henningsen’s boyfriend before the home invasion to order some marijuana, saying he couldn’t pick it up until the next morning because he was out of town.

“Although this struck him as odd, he and Henningsen continued with their night,” an affidavit states. “However, after the home invasion and homicide, he believes his house was targeted and that he was set up.”

Asked whether he thought Henningsen knew of Ortiz’s apparent drug dealing, Kryak said, “Perhaps.”

Ortiz isn’t a suspect in Henningsen’s death, but charges could be pending against him for actions not related to her death, Kryak said.

Kryak said he believes Davis, who also faces a dealing in stolen property charge, and McLawhorn both were in the home at the time of the shooting.

McLawhorn denied involvement in the incident.

Both are in jail.
Legal Alien
Life Member
Life Member

Postby RyanHK21EOwner » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:04 pm

Screwed up in so many ways... [-(
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherphuckers in the jungle...
RyanHK21EOwner
Life Member
Life Member

Postby tector » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:35 pm

Overall, good.

But what a waste.
tector
Life Member
Life Member

Postby Onree » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:01 am

Let me guess... the girlfriend rolls on the scumbag boyfriend and she walks even though she knew what was being planned and he confessed afterward! Toss her ass in jail as well!
There is an undeniable cultural difference. It's the difference in the mindset of those who believe they are owed a living, and those who believe success is the result of hard work.
Onree
Life Member
Life Member

Postby molivo » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:04 am

The detectives called me at the shop a couple weeks ago asking if anyone had inquired about any 10mm ammunition. I had a feeling thats what it was in reference to. If they had used 9mm's, the detectives would have been SOL, but 10MM kind of sticks out in your mind as its not all that common. Im wondering which shop they did get it from... :-k Completely irrelevant but Im curious who actually keeps it in stock lol. Afterthough: I wonder how long before the family of the shitbags is on TV with the "Oh mah poo baby, he never touched hide no hair on anybody. blah blah blah" act.
Altar Arms - 01 FFL , NFA/SOT Dealer(772)497-6550
15$ Transfers for FSN members for Title 1 Firearms, 75$ Title 2!
Located in Port Saint Lucie, FL

WE TAKE TRADES!

See us on Gunbroker.com! AltarArms
http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?In ... rs=2086140
molivo
Life Member
Life Member

Postby Legal Alien » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:12 am

"Oh mah poo baby, he never touched hide no hair on anybody. blah blah blah" act

Yeah . . . . with handles like "Killa" . . . . "Trouble" . . . and . . . "Psycho"

And the shitbag gf that knew of the planned home invasion and knew about what happened after the fact is an accessorie and her sorry ass should be in jail as well right now!!!
Legal Alien
Life Member
Life Member

Next

Return to General Discussions