How to get just flu shot, not THE clot shot?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
BerettaRacer

How to get just flu shot, not THE clot shot?

Post by BerettaRacer »

Hi,
May be taking major trip in Feb/Mar region, staying in multiple hotels, restaurants etc in cold weather mountainous areas and think it would be a good idea to get a std flu shot first. But I do NOT want to get Phizer's clot shot.
I just don't trust any medical people these days. There are numerous cases of people getting saline instead of shots and vice versa, people getting clot shot when in for something else by some over zealous nurse etc. that want to push their personal agenda.

Is there some reasonably secure/trustworthy way of getting JUST the std flu shot??

ps: In So Fla/Broward.
I'll tell you what rule we applied sir.
We applied rule 303.
We caught them and we shot them under rule 303!

Harry "Breaker" Morant
tector

Post by tector »

I got a normal old flu shot at Publix in October, also before a trip. It was no hassle. No appointment was needed.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

I just had my Doc do it,no biggie.
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

BerettaRacer wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:37 am Hi,
May be taking major trip in Feb/Mar region, staying in multiple hotels, restaurants etc in cold weather mountainous areas and think it would be a good idea to get a std flu shot first. But I do NOT want to get Phizer's clot shot.
I just don't trust any medical people these days. There are numerous cases of people getting saline instead of shots and vice versa, people getting clot shot when in for something else by some over zealous nurse etc. that want to push their personal agenda.

Is there some reasonably secure/trustworthy way of getting JUST the std flu shot??

Takes 2 weeks for the flu shot to be somewhat effective. I have stopped taking because of all the talks about combining th flu and covid shots. Anyway, the flu shot is just a guess as to which strain it will be. Most of the time, it is not the correct one, but we just find out when it is too late.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Had the flu many years ago, & it sucked. So now I get the shot every year, & for 65, & older, it’s a double. I always examine the bottle my dose came from before the jab, & there’s never a mention of Covid on the label. The local Walmart has a great pharmacy with the same employees for many years. GARY.
Wulfmann

Post by Wulfmann »

I stopped getting the flu shot when they stopped calling it a flu shot and started calling it the Flu Vaccine

I simply have no confidence in any part of the so called medical profession after Covid and will take my chances rather than wonder if they jabbed me

I switched from Humana to Cigna this year and started my interview with "I will not get the jab so if that matters speak up now"
The woman said it was fine and she to would not get the jab
BerettaRacer

Post by BerettaRacer »

Legio wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:46 am I have stopped taking because of all the talks about combining th flu and covid shots.
One of the primary things I'm worried about.
Wulfmann wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:43 am I simply have no confidence in any part of the so called medical profession after Covid
Exactly
I'll tell you what rule we applied sir.
We applied rule 303.
We caught them and we shot them under rule 303!

Harry "Breaker" Morant
tector

Post by tector »

BerettaRacer wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:32 am
Legio wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:46 am I have stopped taking because of all the talks about combining th flu and covid shots.
Wulfmann wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:43 am I simply have no confidence in any part of the so called medical profession after Covid
Exactly
If you don't trust your own family doctor you have bigger concerns than the flu.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Molivo

Post by Molivo »

BerettaRacer wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:32 am
Exactly
+1
joel

Post by joel »

BerettaRacer wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:37 am Hi,
May be taking major trip in Feb/Mar region, staying in multiple hotel...

OK, which one are you really looking for... a shot for STD or Flu?
(are they combining them these days? LOL)

All kidding aside, I had the same concern.
When I asked the young pharmacist at Walgreens, she told me it would be ILLEGAL to trick people with the COVID shot when they asked for the flu shot.