Looks like braced pistols are SBR’s.

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
wjbarricklow

Post by wjbarricklow »

I won’t be registering anything!
I would rather remove the evil brace and wrap foam around the buffer tube!
What's the ATF going to do when people just start putting the buffer tubes up to their shoulders? All AR pistols are SBRs?
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

wjbarricklow wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:08 am
What's the ATF going to do when people just start putting the buffer tubes up to their shoulders? All AR pistols are SBRs?
People have been doing that for years. Nobody ever said that was illegal because the buffer tube is not a stock, & is required for an AR to work. GARY.
tcpip95

Post by tcpip95 »

45caldan wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:11 am I won’t be registering anything!
That's the beauty of my AK pistol - no buffer tube. I can shoot it from the hip as accurately as I need to. I've also got a red dot on it, so when I shoot it from eye level, it's as accurate as I need it to be.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

tcpip95 wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:28 pm That's the beauty of my AK pistol - no buffer tube. I can shoot it from the hip as accurately as I need to. I've also got a red dot on it, so when I shoot it from eye level, it's as accurate as I need it to be.
Yup. Got a Micro Draco. There’s no way to attach a brace. And I’m surprised at how accurate it is. I think the price has tripled since I bought mine. GARY
cvo

Post by cvo »

Whats the deal with the 88 day NICS rule?
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

cvo wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:04 pm Whats the deal with the 88 day NICS rule?
The Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act of 1993 (Brady Act) requires Federal Firearms Licensees (FFLs) to use the NICS to determine whether a prospective firearm transfer would violate state or federal laws. The NICS is a computerized system designed to supply information to determine if a person is disqualified from possessing or receiving firearms by conducting a search of available records. In addition to state law and state firearm prohibitions that vary greatly across the nation, there are 10 federal firearm prohibitions as listed in the Gun Control Act of 1968, as amended.1 When an FFL initiates a NICS transaction, a name check is conducted to search three national databases for possible matches. These databases are the National Crime Information Center (NCIC), which contains information on wanted persons, protection orders, and other persons identified as relevant to the NICS searches; the Interstate Identification Index (III), which accesses criminal history records; and the NICS Indices, formerly known as the NICS Index, which contains information on prohibited persons as defined in the Gun Control Act of 1968, as amended. The NICS Indices includes individuals who have been determined to be federally or state prohibited from possessing or receiving a firearm when disqualifying information may not be available through the NCIC or III databases.

Over 70 percent of NICS transactions handled by the FBI result in no descriptive matches or hits to the potential transferee against information contained in the three national databases. In these instances, the FFL is advised to proceed with the transfer. If, however, there are any potentially prohibiting records returned, the FBI must undertake a manual review to determine if the record demonstrates a prohibition to firearms possession. There are three possible outcomes from this review: proceed (i.e., the record does not establish a prohibition and the transaction can proceed), deny (i.e., the record demonstrates a firearms prohibition), or delay. A delay response indicates the information supplied by the prospective firearm transferee has matched a record searched by the NICS and requires additional research before a final determination can be made. Following a delay decision, if the transaction is not resolved within the allowed three-business-day time frame, it is at the discretion of the FFL whether to transfer the firearm. However, the FBI Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Division NICS Program continues to work on the case in an effort to resolve it. When additional information is required on a matching record but cannot be found, the transaction remains open until either the information is provided or 88 days have passed. If prohibiting information is provided following the passage of the three-business-day time frame, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) is notified for potential retrieval of the firearm. If 88 days pass, then the transaction is purged from the NICS, as required by federal regulation 28 CFR 25.9(b)(ii).
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
tector

Post by tector »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:54 pm. If 88 days pass, then the transaction is purged from the NICS, as required by federal regulation 28 CFR 25.9(b)(ii). [/i]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

Check this out!
If your braced pistol was imported you are really screwed.

wjbarricklow

Post by wjbarricklow »

N4KVE wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:36 am
wjbarricklow wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:08 am
People have been doing that for years. Nobody ever said that was illegal because the buffer tube is not a stock, & is required for an AR to work. GARY.
Well, that's not fair to you, having spent all that money to register your SBRs.
wjbarricklow

Post by wjbarricklow »

Whole thing is ridiculous anyway.

I get the idea of banning short barreled shotgun and rifles when they had handguns in the bill. You can't ban handguns when everyone owns a saw. So you have to ban short rifles and shotguns, too.

Taking handguns out of the bill and banning the shotguns and rifles was absolutely stupid. It's ridiculous that almost a hundred years later we're having to argue the most absurd technicalities of the law.