GOA opposes White House Commission on School Safety's recommendation for Gun Confiscation. NRA supports it.

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
Miami_JBT

GOA opposes White House Commission on School Safety's recommendation for Gun Confiscation. NRA supports it.

Post by Miami_JBT »

Gun Owners of America apparently understands that Gun Confiscation is never the correct course of action has rebuked the White House's School Safety Commissions recommendations. The very same recommendation that the NRA approves of.

As I said earlier, I'm a NRA Life Member and I was disturbed by the NRA's trend. More so since the it appears the NRA still hasn't even filed a law suit against the President's illegal decree banning Bump Stocks. As we saw in Vermont, law enforcement confiscated an innocent party's guns and violated their own laws to do so. It appears GOA understands that "red flag" laws never result in a good thing and that unconstitutional diktats aren't either.

Right now, I tip my hat to the GOA and their ability to reach deep into their soul and find the same fortitude that our Founders had when they told the Crown to sod off.

--------------
Chris Cox, the executive director and chief lobbyist of the NRA's Institute for Legislative Action, has publicly praised the White House School Safety Commission and their recommendation for gun confiscation.

As a NRA life member, I'm disturbed by the trend. First was the NRA's support for bump stock regulation, followed by their flip-flopping on the matter. Plus their continued attacks on the "violent culture," as they put it, is code for video games.

[youtube]unwBMdErYxI[/youtube]

Video games have actually been a major recruiting tool for new gun owners. The younger generation wants to shoot guns they've digitally played with. They want to be the guys from Call of Duty when they go to the range just like Baby Boomers wanted to be the Lone Ranger when they were kids. But the NRA blames video games for random acts of violence just as the anti-gun left randomly and baselessly blames 30-round AR-15 magazines.

Now the NRA is supporting the recommendations of the President's School Safety Commission. While the NRA-ILA written statement doesn't mention it, those recommendations included due process-free extreme risk protection orders. And the NRA has publicly supported them in the past:

[youtube]7sNiklO506A[/youtube]

The NRA advertises itself as being freedom's safest place and tells its membership to stand and fight. Yet they've been capitulating time and again. I'm speechless.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
JonathanW

Post by JonathanW »

Not
Real
Activists

P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

I'm still trying to figure why anyone thought Trump would be anything but an NYC moderate?
Steeped in the liberal NY Times environment Trump is a product of this echo chamber.
jaytwillerham

Post by jaytwillerham »

The NRA has been out outmaneuvered by the gun control advocates every since 1968.
If Cox's statement is correct, there's supposed to be protections against arbitrary actions by the authorities and false accusations that would cause confiscations.
Assuming of course nobody would abuse the system.
Hmm, what is the real world chance of that?
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Zero chance. Look at Florida's law. There is no accountability, and no recourse. Anyone, for any malicious or nefarious reason can make a report. An anti-gun official, police and judge, can issue the order. Reason proven false (fat chance but, go with it), spend a fortune to get your stuff back. I'm sure your carry permit will be gone, too. You won;'t be able to fight them to conclusion because the .gov's pockets are deeper than yours. You only get as much legal processing (I refuse to use the "J" word any more) as you can pay for. No suing to recover costs, either.

Clever, how some of the early cases, high profile in media, were legitimate cases, people we wouldn't want to have a gun, either. The sheeple say, "Seeeeee, that's needed." The false ones will come, not be publicized or, if they get some notice, will fall on deaf ears as nuttiness will be assumed, as in the early cases. You'll never want a jury trial after this. Guaranteed the "red flag" law will be explained in very slick, leading terms appealing to the average dullard.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

P5 Guy wrote:I'm still trying to figure why anyone thought Trump would be anything but an NYC moderate?
Steeped in the liberal NY Times environment Trump is a product of this echo chamber.
Trump is definitely a rebublicrat.
Sooner or later, a critical number of Americans will come to realize they are being bamboozled by every president they elect, every time, without exception.