Push on for 2020 FL true AWB Constitutional Amendment

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

Greg wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:01 pm Wyoming or Tennessee for me
Tennessee is advertising the shit out of itself to retirees from the Northeast and Metro DC area since those folks have large fat pensions and money to throw around once they sell their overpriced properties in their old neighborhoods.

Guess what, they bring their voting habits with them.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Miami_JBT wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:13 am
Gregg wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:20 pm I'm 70, and own outright my house.
I've been saying for years that I have just one more move in my future, when I take up permanent residency in a urn.

Well, that will likely change if Florida's constitution is amended to more or less ban guns.
Northern Arizona looks nice, Prescott and Flagstaff are very pro gun areas.

I do not understand where that 60% vote came from.
I had a survey last week, asking me if I would support a simple majority vote on state constitutional amendments.
My answer was Hell No.

In my opinion, the vote should be at a minimum 2/3's, and preferably 3/4's.
60% came from a Constitutional Amendment that was an attempt to prevent stupid shit from being added to the Constitution. It passed when only simple majority was needed. It didn't even get 60% and folks figured it would make us safe. This last election cycle proved we're not.

Also, Arizona is much like Florida. A state being infested with others fleeing Leftist run states but bringing their voting patterns. Arizona is going to flip soon to Democratic control like we are.

There is nowhere to run. What makes states successful are also their downfall. Affordability, Low Taxes, Cheap Cost of Living, and Pro Business Climates. That attracts Leftists fleeing their fuck ups. But the moment they settle in their new homes. They go right on voting the same policies that made their old homes fuck ups.
Sadly, you're right. Unfortunately my future move is more familial reasons than politically based. If I had a choice to move anywhere I wanted in the US, I'd probably pick Alaska or one of the more conservative parts of Colorado. Shit, even the mountains in Pennsylvania still hold some appeal to me but the writing is on the wall for PA, I fear. The unfortunate truth is Leftists are going to continue to flock to red states like locusts, and proceed to ruin them as they ruined their home states until there isn't much difference between us and places like Mexico except climate.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Gregg wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:20 pm I'm 70, and own outright my house.
I've been saying for years that I have just one more move in my future, when I take up permanent residency in a urn.

Well, that will likely change if Florida's constitution is amended to more or less ban guns.
Northern Arizona looks nice, Prescott and Flagstaff are very pro gun areas.

<snip>

As with anyplace else, we or Arizona are one election away from disaster. Get some of the popular "darlings" of the media elected to national office, and the "La Reconquista" movement will make Arizona into Mexico, possibly part of Mexico. I know Arizona well, and like it. While evaluating areas for a move in the next year, I sadly crossed it off my list. I, too, have a 7 in front of my age. Not a lot of moves left in me. So, the next one hopefully will be my last until my ashes go to a VA cemetery.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Dlb tap
Last edited by Firemedic2000 on Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

If I were to find out I had six months or less to live. I'd shoot everything I had until it was all gone and take care of some final business on my bucket list. :twisted: But I'm not moving. Because of my tax situation here
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Firemedic2000 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:53 pm If I were to find out I had six months or less to live. I'd shoot everything I had until it was all gone and take care of some final business on my bucket list. :twisted: But I'm not moving. Because of my tax situation here
That's a consideration for a lot of people, myself included. Probably safe for 4 years. After then, my crystal ball is in the shop. We're always 1 election from disaster. If I do move, it will be for other reasons, depends on how my "situation" turns out, divorce, etc.
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

Latest email from them this morning.

Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

With Trump now standing a good chance of being impeached, nowhere may be safe.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

zeebaron wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:19 pm With Trump now standing a good chance of being impeached, nowhere may be safe.
Probably will be impeached, even if on paper-asshole charges by the House under the "leadership" of pelosicorrupt and the occasional-cortex, but not convicted in the Senate. Trump still will be politically wounded, though. My big concern is 2020. I'm beginning to believe, despite the chest-thumpers, he will not be re-elected in 2020. Look at most of the election results this year. Notice how close they were, particularly in the districts which went Republican. All the demos have to do is smuggle in more "voters", or just more ballots (Broward :lol: ). Consider that many of todays 16 year olds will be voting in 2020, heads full of mush from their mentors, commie teachers/professors. It doesn't take much to flip the vote so the Electoral College goes the other way, at which point it will be "wonderful". Take these two years of probable confusion to make decisions and plans. If this scenario doesn't play out, great. Not much lost. But, it can be too late when you find out for sure.
tector

Post by tector »

We have to hope the Dems nominate a terrible candidate, again.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”