War Memorial Aud. done with gun shows

tector

War Memorial Aud. done with gun shows

Post by tector »

And every other kind of show, it seems--being converted into ice rinks, etc.

Don't know how this affects Shoot Straight's lawsuit--that will turn upon the actual terms of their lease. So they MAY have some entitlement to money damages (don't know how many shows they missed out on), but not specific performance (being allowed to have gun shows there). Anyway, I think it is July when their shows will return to Broward in Pembroke Pines.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/brow ... story.html
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
tector

Post by tector »

Correction, they return to Broward in August:

http://www.floridagunshows.com/location/pembroke-pines/
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

As I understand it, & this is my personal opinion, the city could not discriminate against the gun show, while still having craft shows, etc. So the only way out was to have no shows there at all. Sad, as I have been going to that show since the 80’s. But the show will continue at a new location in Broward County, and knowing Khaled, it will be bigger, & better than ever. GARY.
FSUnoles

Post by FSUnoles »

Since the advent of online sales I haven’t seen a decent deal at a gun show in a decade. Unless I’m looking for a small one off item that’s nearly the cost of shipping or some odds/ends stuff, they’re vastly overpriced (especially when including entrance/parking).
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

Not only the online sales, but it's become expensive to get in, and there just aren't any deals anymore. Back in the day there were always a couple old dudes with C&R stuff, or GUn Country with some awesome cash-only prices, and it was cheap to get in. Last time I was there, it was butts to nutts busy, $10 to get in, and you couldn't even touch a ratty 1911 for less than $1500. Pines is too far west for many, IMO.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

I stopped going to the gun show here cause last few times I went, it was mainly 534095340693406900509% overcharged ARs and 1911s.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
jaytwillerham

Post by jaytwillerham »

It's not only expensive to get in most gun shows.
it's a shame that vendor space has become too expensive to allow the private seller to participate.
That was the fun part and reason for going to shows for me.
I haven't been to a show in years.
Buying online has completely replaced them.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

I can understand the online thing for new guns, but when I’m not working a show, I still go to look at the pre owned guns. Online, you don’t find the widow’s gun that her husband owned, & she’s selling. Sure, most shows I don’t find anything, but once in a while I find the gun I sold 20 years ago [and regretted] for a great price. That makes it worth it. GARY.
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

Anyone going to wpb today?
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Wakko wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:25 am Anyone going to wpb today?
Going to the local U-Pick for a few parts for my car. Then going to the WPB show down the street. I will probably be more successful at the junk yard, but you never know. GARY.