Aug 18th Gunshow at the Central Florida Fairgrounds

indy1919a4

Post by indy1919a4 »

weaselfire wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:27 pm
indy1919a4 wrote:They had a rule at the Fairgrounds that all transactions had a background check.. Even with Concealed carry etc.. Now I know this is crap and you know it is.. But to be fair to the dealers and promoters there, Its the world we live in...and they would not do it that way if there was not gnarly powers looking over them..
An FFL selling a firearm requires a background check, concealed carry or not. Private sales do not require a background check, concealed carry or not. So a license to carry doesn't come into this at all.

It's simply a rule of the venue.

Jeff

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
I believe in that area a concealed carry will get you out of the 3 day waiting period, Or at least so I have been told.
weaselfire

Post by weaselfire »

indy1919a4 wrote:
weaselfire wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:27 pm
indy1919a4 wrote:They had a rule at the Fairgrounds that all transactions had a background check.. Even with Concealed carry etc.. Now I know this is crap and you know it is.. But to be fair to the dealers and promoters there, Its the world we live in...and they would not do it that way if there was not gnarly powers looking over them..
An FFL selling a firearm requires a background check, concealed carry or not. Private sales do not require a background check, concealed carry or not. So a license to carry doesn't come into this at all.

Jeff

I believe in that area a concealed carry will get you out of the 3 day waiting period, Or at least so I have been told.
It does. In all of Florida. It does not eliminate a background check.

Jeff

indy1919a4

Post by indy1919a4 »

Great, so your original statement about a license to carry does not come into this at all is Inoperative... it is a factor.. glad to clear it up for you..
it has made my day

weaselfire wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:21 am
indy1919a4 wrote:
weaselfire wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:27 pm An FFL selling a firearm requires a background check, concealed carry or not. Private sales do not require a background check, concealed carry or not. So a license to carry doesn't come into this at all.

Jeff

Jeff

weaselfire

Post by weaselfire »

indy1919a4 wrote:Great, so your original statement about a license to carry does not come into this at all is Inoperative... it is a factor.. glad to clear it up for you..
it has made my day

weaselfire wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:21 am
indy1919a4 wrote:

Jeff

Sorry, the post I responded to was about getting a CCW to bypass a background check. It does not do so.

But I give up arguing, you're of course supremely correct.

Jeff

indy1919a4

Post by indy1919a4 »

Yeah, I think you may have misread things, no one was wanting to not do a background check.. and I thought we were just all learning together.. was not arguing.. Just trying to learn the rules in a changing world.. you know helping each other out..

weaselfire wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:30 pm
indy1919a4 wrote:Great, so your original statement about a license to carry does not come into this at all is Inoperative... it is a factor.. glad to clear it up for you..
it has made my day

weaselfire wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:21 am It does. In all of Florida. It does not eliminate a background check.

Jeff

Sorry, the post I responded to was about getting a CCW to bypass a background check. It does not do so.

But I give up arguing, you're of course supremely correct.

Jeff

pharmer

Post by pharmer »

indy1919a4 wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:24 pm Yeah, I think you may have misread things, no one was wanting to not do a background check.. and I thought we were just all learning together.. was not arguing.. Just trying to learn the rules in a changing world..

Uhhh....If'n I was wanting to sell you my Super Deluxe Tactical HiPoint 9mm carbine all I'm wanting to do is see your FLORIDA driver license and a wad of cash. I ain't wanting to do anything more strenuous than that. Joe
Keep Today Fresh
indy1919a4

Post by indy1919a4 »

pharmer wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:08 pm
indy1919a4 wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:24 pm Yeah, I think you may have misread things, no one was wanting to not do a background check.. and I thought we were just all learning together.. was not arguing.. Just trying to learn the rules in a changing world..

Uhhh....If'n I was wanting to sell you my Super Deluxe Tactical HiPoint 9mm carbine all I'm wanting to do is see your FLORIDA driver license and a wad of cash. I ain't wanting to do anything more strenuous than that. Joe
Hey that is the way it should be.. But at that show it stated you had to go through a FFL transfer at that property... right, wrong, hell if I know..
but I would think that such a person to person transfer might be best done off the property of that show.. At least that is the way I think it is.. May be a better solution and I am all ears
weaselfire

Post by weaselfire »

pharmer wrote:

Then you don't want to do it at gun shows in Orange county at the fairgrounds. :)

Jeff

5532JWK

Post by 5532JWK »

Another good reason to not go to an Orlando Fairgrounds Gunshow.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

5532JWK wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:26 am Another good reason to not go to an Orlando Fairgrounds Gunshow.
Many counties are enforcing this now. Dade, Broward, & Palm Beach that I know of. Ever since Parlkand, these counties, & others are trying to eliminate the gun show loophole. Probably very few counties in the state will allow this now. It’s not the show’s fault. It’s the local government trying to do the “right thing”. GARY