Red dot on a ruger super Blackhawk pistol

Lever guns, hunting guns, black powder, plinkers, rifle scopes, spotting scopes, night vision, sling shots, bows 'n arrows, knives and anything else that doesn't fit anywhere else!
mauserdad

Red dot on a ruger super Blackhawk pistol

Post by mauserdad »

I have a Ruger Super Blackhawk 44 mag with a 10” Barrel. I want to hunt with it. A friend offered me a Osprey Global HD 119 red dot. Anyone have experience with this system? Will it take the recoil of a 44 mag. Thanks
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Never heard of Osprey Global but some googling shows the owner is kind of a dick and they're cheapish scopes. I don't wanna be *that guy*, but probably best to stick to known quantities when it comes to optics. You know the saying, buy once cry once.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Honestly only the Trijicon mro in The Burris fastfire 3 R rated for 12 gauge I would think you would look for something of similar quality to handle that 44 mag anything cheap and it's just going to shake it loose
mauserdad

Post by mauserdad »

Thanks Gents for the input.
rug357

Post by rug357 »

Back in 1996 I mounted a Tasco PDP3 on my Ruger Super Redhawk using Ruger 30mm rings. Back at that time it was a $180 scope. I used it on that revolver for about 8 years to shoot 1,000+ rounds of 44 magnum +P loads of 310gr @ 1,350+ fps along with many regular 44 magnum loads. I never had any problem with that RDS. Later it was mounted on my Remington 870 slug gun for a while...then on a Ruger Mini-14. Now it sits on my Armalite AR-180B where it still works great. What I was told later is that the original ones were made in Japan and were of good quality/durable but later Tasco moved to have all their PDP series including PDP3 made in China...which resulted in lower quality product. I recently found a PDP3 made in Japan on e-bay and I won it for about $70 and it is mounted on one of my AR pistol.
You may not be of my flesh and blood, but you are of my heart and soul.

Do not mistaken my kindness for weakness.