How do you feel about Marijuana stocks

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

If CBD oil is not effective, there will be little demand for it and the market, not the gov’t, will regulate its use accordingly.
Chigger

Post by Chigger »

Long term cortisone shots according to my sports orthopedic Dr will cause bone deterioration and he won't do them.

I have been using a topical cbd rub for a little over a year and it works for me for joint (no pun intended) pain when I play golf or shoot magnum calibers at a days range session.
But I had to try numerous brands before I found one that worked. Some smelled just like Ben gay and worked just as poorly.
My kid lives in colorado and I had her send me a box of as many brands as she could to test.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Ok so let’s list some good stocks related to the topic at hand. I’m interested in investing myself
1st Battalion/5th Marines

NRA Benefactor Lifetime Member

FSN Member Since 2009
Shooter69

Post by Shooter69 »

Buy low and sell High!
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

Shooter69 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:02 am Buy low and sell High!
Buy low and sell sober.
cvo

Post by cvo »

Greg wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:39 pm Ok so let’s list some good stocks related to the topic at hand. I’m interested in investing myself
You can do some reading here.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/a-gui ... 2018-10-15

I am looking to buy CGC on a pull back to the 35 to 37 area.
jjk308

Post by jjk308 »

Chigger wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:25 pm Long term cortisone shots according to my sports orthopedic Dr will cause bone deterioration and he won't do them.
That isn't true for occasional and limited use, and maybe for injections, period.

Occasional Cortisone Injections Unlikely to Have Negative Affect on Bones

June 4, 2010 https://newsnetwork.mayoclinic.org/disc ... -on-bones/

Dear Mayo Clinic:

What are the effects of cortisone injections on bones? Can their use lead to osteoporosis?

Answer:

Some steroid medications have been associated with osteoporosis in certain situations. The steroids found in a cortisone or similar injection, however, are unlikely to have an impact on bones because, after injection, the medication typically doesn't enter the bloodstream in significant amounts for any length of time.

Cortisone is a corticosteroid medication that is very effective at decreasing pain and inflammation in joints and other structures in the body. Corticosteroids are not the same as the anabolic steroids that are sometimes used to enhance athletic performance. Cortisone often is used to treat conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, gout, tendinitis or bursitis. Cortisone has proven to be an effective therapy for these and other disorders that cause joint and back pain, often providing symptom relief for weeks or months after injection into the affected joint or area.

Research has shown that corticosteroid medications can cause bone loss and result in osteoporosis if taken orally or intravenously (IV) in high doses or for long periods. (For example, prednisone taken orally in doses of more than 10 mg per day for longer than three months). Corticosteroids affect the bones primarily by decreasing bone formation, but they may also increase the body's process of breaking down bone (bone resorption) when a person first begins to take the medication. Corticosteroids can also block the intestine's ability to absorb calcium while speeding up the loss of calcium through the urine, and both can have a negative effect on bone health.

These effects of corticosteroids occur when steroid medication circulates throughout the body in the bloodstream. In contrast, cortisone and similar shots are injected into a joint or into the spine, and the medication typically stays in the area where it is injected. That means little or no absorption of the corticosteroid into the bloodstream and, as a result, little or no effect on bones. It is possible that cortisone could leak slowly out of the injection area and enter the bloodstream in some patients, but this is relatively uncommon....

My own experience with oral corticosteroids, Prednisone, has been pretty miserable. My head swells up and I have trouble sleeping. Plus it caused steroid induced diabetes, which fortunately has faded away. Injections had no bad side effects, but series of them too close together quickly became ineffective. My wife and I both get a shoulder injection of cortisone for osteoarthritis every few months and that seems to work very well.