If I Only Had A Dollar...

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

IMHO, the hassle of explaining all that to some rookie officer (And his 8 buddies) who answered a "man with weapon" call at Walmart while handcuffed in the back of a car would override me freely expressing my rights.

Handcuffed to a gurney with a sucking chest wound while explaining the law to a COP would be even worse!

That wouldn't be my choice of a good hill to die on.

That's why I have a safe in my truck.
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

rentprop1 wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:16 pm You better have a valid hunting license, fishing license and gear, or some paper targets in the car
I was going to shoot those beer cans once I got them emptied.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

OK, OK...wise guys.

Get a fishing pole and walk through downtown Ft. Laud (or Tampa, or Jacksonville) toward the water with a gun exposed on your hip. Let us know how it turns out. :roll:
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

A gal that worked for me back in 2001 was dating a guy who worked as a phone answerer/dispatcher for the 911 service at the sheriff's department in Hillsborough County. One Friday evening he came to pick her up at work and he and I were chatting about guns in the parking lot. He noticed the Spyderco stuck in my front pocket held in place with a clip. Proceeded to tell me that my concealed weapons permit was only good for a firearm and that it was illegal for me to carry a concealed knife in my front pocket. I asked him to please call one of his badge carrying co-workers and explain to them how I was cartying a concealed knife that he could clearly see, based on the clip and the end of the knife sticking out of my pocket and how that qualified as a concealed knife.

He went on to give my coworker a dose of chlamydia and she dumped his ass.
Last edited by flcracker on Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

SteyrAUG wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:29 pm Actually had a Ft. Lauderdale cop tell me that if I really wanted to do something about the local drug dealers I should just use a bow and arrow because you can't do ballistics on an arrow.

In his mind it really was "the perfect crime."

:lol:
Stab'em with an icicle in Buffalo, or bludgeon'em with a brick of frozen gazpacho in Tampa.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
jjk308

Post by jjk308 »

rentprop1 wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:16 pm You better have a valid hunting license, fishing license and gear, or some paper targets in the car
Done! They are permanent residents in my wallet and car. :lol:
Racer88

Post by Racer88 »

flcracker wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:44 pm A gal that worked for me back in 2001 was dating a guy who worked as a phone answerer/dispatcher for the 911 service at the sheriff's department in Hillsborough County. One Friday evening he came to pick her up at work and he and I were chatting about guns in the parking lot. He noticed the Spyderco stuck in my front pocket held in place with a clip. Proceeded to tell me that my concealed weapons permit was only good for a firearm and that it was illegal for me to carry a concealed knife in my front pocket. I asked him to please call one of his badge carrying co-workers and explain to them how I was cartying a concealed knife that he could clearly see, based on the clip and the end of the knife sticking out of my pocket and how that qualified as a concealed knife.

He went on to give my coworker a dose of chlamydia and she dumped his ass.
Never minding that our CCW DOES cover concealed knives. We have concealed WEAPONS licenses, not concealed guns. He was wrong on all counts.
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor | Certified Range Safety Officer | NRA Patron Life Member
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:42 pm OK, OK...wise guys.

Get a fishing pole and walk through downtown Ft. Laud (or Tampa, or Jacksonville) toward the water with a gun exposed on your hip. Let us know how it turns out. :roll:
I've had two guns pointed at me at the same time by cops for legally shooting on my friend's land in Tampa. No thanks, I've had my gun drama for the rest of my life. Thankfully, they were both males. A woman cop might have had an itchy trigger finger that day.
Cubanstang50

Post by Cubanstang50 »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:42 pm OK, OK...wise guys.

:lol: :lol: :lol: the mindset will never chance in south florida. I won't ever dare to do that. Lol