Question about site visibility

Questions regarding any FSN board problems. This is NOT a firearms "help" forum.
Legio
Site Admin

Question about site visibility

Post by Legio »

I have a question about site visibility.

The Exchange forum completely and now the Political forum are not visible to non-members. What should we do with the rest?
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

What forums do you feel we need to keep "public" interested and wanting to become members? But also, which forums carry the greatest risk of being a target for "cancel culture?" That is the balance, I think.
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

FfNJGTFO wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:14 am What forums do you feel we need to keep "public" interested and wanting to become members? But also, which forums carry the greatest risk of being a target for "cancel culture?" That is the balance, I think.
I am for a "fuck'em all" this is still a free country. However, this ain't my forum. I am asking you guys what you think we should do.

Exchange Forum has always been hidden and I hid the political this morning. Are you guys OK with that or do you feel more is needed?
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

Legio wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:48 am
FfNJGTFO wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:14 am What forums do you feel we need to keep "public" interested and wanting to become members? But also, which forums carry the greatest risk of being a target for "cancel culture?" That is the balance, I think.
I am for a "fuck'em all" this is still a free country. However, this ain't my forum. I am asking you guys what you think we should do.

Exchange Forum has always been hidden and I hid the political this morning. Are you guys OK with that or do you feel more is needed?
The question I'd have is, "Am I at risk of being targeted" when I create a thread like. "I like XYZ gun" and show pictures of it. OR, "Look at what I just bought (with pictures)). Of course, I'd never show serial numbers in the pics, but still.... For those types of threads and forums, I'd probably want it restricted to members only.
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

FfNJGTFO wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:10 am The question I'd have is, "Am I at risk of being targeted" when I create a thread like. "I like XYZ gun" and show pictures of it. OR, "Look at what I just bought (with pictures)). Of course, I'd never show serial numbers in the pics, but still.... For those types of threads and forums, I'd probably want it restricted to members only.
That being said, creating an account is easy and free.

Also, security is at the forum level, not at the topic level or even the message level.