M1 Carbines back at CMP

M14s, M1 Garands & Carbines, Enfields, M1903s
Hippie

M1 Carbines back at CMP

Post by Hippie » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:16 pm

Sorry, you're too late!! They sold out in one day. Waiting to hear if my order was one that got there in time.

Gregh181
Life Member
Life Member

Re: M1 Carbines back at CMP

Post by Gregh181 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:57 pm

Wasn't a fan of the sale. Couldn't pick the manufactur, didn't know the condition of what you'd get, pre or post war you couldn't pick. Not a whole lot of collector value in thisw batch

Also I've owned 3 carbines now and all 3 had the front hand guard come off while shooting. With that going on and the underpowered round I can see why the GI's loathed them
Make Peace or Die - 1st Battalion/5th Marines - Machine Gunner

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one - Benjamin Franklin

305tillimoved
Life Member
Life Member

Post by 305tillimoved » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:47 pm

Gregh181 wrote:Wasn't a fan of the sale. Couldn't pick the manufactur, didn't know the condition of what you'd get, pre or post war you couldn't pick. Not a whole lot of collector value in thisw batch

Also I've owned 3 carbines now and all 3 had the front hand guard come off while shooting. With that going on and the underpowered round I can see why the GI's loathed them

Don't worry. There are some spectacular ARs on sale this week for $500.
"[A]nyone who was not a liberal at 20 years of age had no heart, while anyone who was still a liberal at 40 had no head."
~ Winston S. Churchill

Gregh181
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Gregh181 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:26 am

305tillimoved wrote:
Gregh181 wrote:Wasn't a fan of the sale. Couldn't pick the manufactur, didn't know the condition of what you'd get, pre or post war you couldn't pick. Not a whole lot of collector value in thisw batch

Haha think you got the wrong guy for the $500 AR
Make Peace or Die - 1st Battalion/5th Marines - Machine Gunner

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one - Benjamin Franklin

better2have&notneed
Contributor
Contributor

Post by better2have&notneed » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:47 pm

305tillimoved wrote:

[smilie=011.gif] [smilie=011.gif] [smilie=011.gif] [smilie=011.gif] [smilie=011.gif]